Prologue

Nandani's POV

There, I sat in my wedding mandap, dressed in a red ghagra choli. I looked around me and saw thousands of people smiling, giggling and happy. But why wasn't i? Why did I feel as if I didn't belong here, why did everything around me not matter? Why? I looked on my right, Aryaman gestured me with his hand that I was looking gorgeous. He was the one I was getting married too. His affection didn't matter to me . I wondered what was happening to me. My desperate eyes searched in the crowd for those eyes which wanted me, the heart that was broken into million pieces because of me, the soul I had longed to be with. I was looking for Manik Malhotra, the person who made me feel complete.
"Was he going to come",
"Why would he come? And why should he come",
I thought to myself. I was fighting with my soul, my brain and most importantly my heart. It was beating faster then usual. I didn't  know what was happening to me! My marriage ritual began with the pandit saying all the mantras. I felt like I was gone numb, I couldn't  feel the wind, couldn't hear the sound of the mantras, couldn't see the happiness in everyone's eyes. All I could feel,think,hear,see was the person standing at the door, Manik. "Manik", I muttered and tears streamed down my face. It felt so overwhelming to see him, in the huge crowd I could only see him. The pandit was asking me to hold Aryaman's hand for the next ritual, but it wasn't getting into my head. He stepped inside the wedding hall and everything took a stand still. I couldn't feel my breath, tears started streaming like a waterfall. His eyes were hurt, pained because of me,but still he came here just for me. I was lost into him when Aryaman held my hand, he asked me "What happened, you ok"? Suddenly I stood up, held my red ghagra, run towards him and hugged him so tight that even if he tries he won't be able to get rid of me. He was shocked with what I had done and pushed me off. His eyes were saying something else and his actions were something else. My heartbeat dropped, my tears stopped as I looked into his eyes departing away from mine.