Chapter 23 (Part 1)

The next day.........
Manik was in his cabin thinking about what had happened in Delhi, what Aryaman had said. Just then Cabir entered his cabin disturbing him out of his thoughts.
"So how did the deal go yesterday?" Cabir asked as he sat opposite Manik.
"We got the deal." Manik said disinterestedly.
Cabir was surprised to see him lost in his thoughts. "Manik what happened?"
Manik took a deep breath in and started putting his thoughts out. "Cabir, yesterday I meet Aryaman."
Cabir's eyes widen in shock, "did you ask him about Nandani?"
"I didn't have to, he himself told me. But what he told is completely opposite of what Nandani told me that day."
"What do you mean opposite?"
"He said that Nandani is missing after she called off the wedding. Look at this. It's a newspaper from Delhi." Manik handed the newspaper to Cabir while he examined the ad at the bottom. "Her chacha and chachi are looking for her. But she told me that they threw her out of the house as they had found out about her deeds."
Cabir looked at Manik in disbelief, "So you are saying that she lied to us....but then why?"
Manik nodded his head and looked always. "I don't know Cabir. What is real and what is staged out, I don't know. Maybe you were right."
"Navya had come yesterday to the office. She met her and was heart broken at the way she behaved with her, so I told her everything. But do you know what she said?"
Manik looked at him with anticipation.
"She said that she could believe anything but not the fact that Nandani did not love you."

Just then there was a knock on the door. "May I come in." It was none other then Nandani.

Manik's POV
"Come in," I said allowing her in.
She was looking for something in between her files when I noticed her properly for the first time after our meeting. Her face looked dull. Her eyes were swollen as if she had been crying all her life. There was something missing in her eyes. Something that her lips were hiding behind that awkward smile of hers.
"These are the designs Harshad has given me for Mr Ram. And as Cabir sir said, I have called them for a meeting today. But he requested that the meeting should be held in an hotel. They don't want their rivals to know that they are dealing with us. So I have agreed for it. The meeting is at 2:00 pm. Is it ok sir?" Nandani asked me as I stepped  out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, it's ok." I said.
"Ok sir then I will remind you again at 1 about the meeting." She said and was about to leave when an idea struck in my mind.
"Miss Deshmukh, you will be joining me for the meeting as you have interacted with them." If I stayed close to her, I may be able to find out few things.
But she seemed to be taking her time to reply. "Ok sir."
She said and left.
Cabir looked at me as if I owed him an explanation to what just had happened. "Cabir, I need to find out the missing links. What if all of this is also a new plan. I will only find out about it if she is close so I can keep an eye on her."
"Yeah, you are right. But please call me if you need me." Cabir said as he was worried for me.
End of POV

Manik and Nandani went for the meeting together. There was complete silence and awkwardness in the car which hunted them both. Nandani was unaware and her diary slipped out of her bag due to the braking on the car. Manik and Nandani returned back to the office.

The next day......
Manik got ready to go to office and sat in his car when his watch got stuck to the belt and fell on the diary which Nandani had dropped unknowingly. Manik got frustrated and stepped out of the his car to get his watch, when he noticed the diary. 

Flash back
It was Nandani's 21st birthday when Manik had gifted her a diary.
"Manik, why a diary?" Nandani asked as she cuddled more into Manik's lap.
"So that you can write whatever you feel and record it as a memory." Manik said playing with her hair.
"But I have you for that." Nandani said hugging him tighter.
"Okey, then if I am not around then you can record everything and when I get back to you I will read whatever you have written." Manik replied.
"And that's never going to happen. Because I know you will never leave me." Nandani smiled as she finished.
Flash back ends.