Chapter 12

They walked out of the theatre when Manik spoke, "thanks Nandani, I know you planned this movie thing for me so I don't keep thinking about what happened yesterday."
"What!!! I told you, I had two tickets so that's why I asked you you. I didn't plan all this." Nandani nervously said.
"Stop lying now. I saw the time you bought the tickets. It was printed on the ticket." Manik said.
"Ya so can't a friend do this much for the other."
"Oh friends and all, so since we are friends can I ask my 'friend' what she wants to eat for dinner."
"Chinese. I love Chinese food."
"So then let's go. There is a restaurant nearby."
They reached the restaurant and Nandani got a call from Cabir.
"Hey Cabir"
"Hi Nandani, so when are you going to start cooking for me? Remember we had a deal."
"I am so sorry Cabir actually something very important came up today but don't worry I will be there tomorrow, promise." Manik looked at her when she mentioned him as "something very important". He smiled and looked away.
"It's ok Nandani, I understand. But be there tomorrow. Now bye."
"Bye Cabir." And she ended the call.
"So I am something important?" Manik teased her.
"Then what would I have told him? I even forgot that I had to go and cook today. Anyways do you want to eat something for dinner tomorrow?"
"I love chicken biryani but you don't cook non veg so make mutter paneer."
"Ok fine."
They ate their dinner and had a fun conversation. After dinner Manik dropped Nandani and returned home.

###########

Next day Nandani reached their apartment at 6:30 and started preparing to cook. She had got somethings from the shops which were not at their house. She clearly instructed Manik and Cabir to not enter the kitchen as she wanted her space. After 1:30 hours of struggling she finally finished it and placed everything on the table. She walked towards Manik and Cabir who were in the sitting room and asked for permission to leave.
"Guys the food is ready on the table and I will leave now, it's already 8:00 and Navya must be waiting so bye."
"Let me drop you." Manik offered.
"No Manik, why do you want to waste money. I will manage. Don't worry. And I hope you like the food." Nandani said this on their doorstep as only Manik was there and walked away.
Manik closed the door and sat on their dinning table. He lifted the dish on the first bowl. It had "raita", while Cabir lifted the other dish. Both got shocked to see the dish. Cabir was still shocked but a smile appeared on Manik's face. It was chicken biryani. They had the biryani and loved the taste. They couldn't believe Nandani made this without tasting it yet it was so tasty.

############

Nandani and Navya had their dinner and went to their room to sleep. Navya was fast asleep while Nandani was lost in her thoughts,"I hope he likes it."
Just then she got a message from Manik. "Yummiest chicken biryani, thank you.😋😋"
"I am glad you like it😊😊" Nandani blushed as she typed it.
"So why did you make non veg for me🤔😳"
"Who said it was for you. I made it because Cabir likes chicken😜"
"Oh.....fine then goodnight😒"
"But why did you think I made it for you🙂"
Nandani waited for hours and he didn't reply. "He must have gotten angry." Nandani smiled and thought.

#############

Nandani saw Manik alone so she left Navya and went to him. "Hey Manik."
Manik made an angry face and looked away.
"Your so rude, how could you leave me hanging like that yesterday?"
"I am not in the mood right now. So leave me alone."
"Why are you angry, you know that I was pulling your leg. Of course I made it for you because you like it." Nandani said as she was irritated by Manik ignoring her.
Manik's anger was now replaced with a smile.
"But you want to ignore me right. Then fine I will also ignore you." Nandani left as she was annoyed by Manik.
"Nandani.....Nandani.....listen...." Manik pleaded but she left.
In the class room Manik sat next to Nandani as Cabir wanted to sit with Navya. The lecture had began but Manik wanted to say sorry to her. He quickly took her book and wrote sorry with a pencil. And passed it to Nandani. But she toke an eraser out and rubbed it off giving angry glares to him. The lesson went on and Manik tired again and again but failed each time.

As the lesson got over they all moved towards the cafeteria and were about to sit on their usual spot. But Manik quickly sat next to Nandani before Dhruv could sit which left everyone in a surprise.
"What!! I just wanted to change my place. And besides it doesn't have my name on it, that only I can sit on it."
Everyone ignored it and sat at their places. Cabir was busy with Navya and Dhruv was busy with Aaliya. Manik took the advantage of the opportunity and whispered into Nandani's ear, "I am sorry."
But Nandani looked away. Manik wanted to grab her attention so he held her hand under the table so no one could see it. Nandani felt shivers run her as he held her hand. She quickly looked at Manik seeking for an explanation. But he had other plans, so he looked away and asked Navya. "Navya if let's say Cabir made a small mistake but he apologised for like billion times, would you not forgive him."
"Of course I would."
"You are so kind Navya. I wish other girls could also learn from you."
"Which other girls Manik?" Cabir asked.
"I mean other girls in general." Manik held Nandani's hand ever tighter.
Nandani whispered into Manik's ear, "what are you doing? Leave my hand."
"Not till you forgive me."
"Ok fine.....just leave my hand."
"That's like a good girl. But what's the hurry let's have some fun."
Manik purposely spoke loudly, "Nandani why aren't you having your sandwiches."
Nandani looked at him angrily.
Manik control his smile signalled her to eat.
She started eating with her left hand when Navya was surprised, "Nandani since when do you eat with your left hand."
"Actually my right hand is painful so."
"What happened. Show me your hand." Navya asked.
"Ya ya Nandani show your hand to Navya." Manik teased Nandani.
Nandani was getting nervous but then something clicked in her head." Manik actually it's so painful that I can't even lift it up by myself. Please help me to lift my hand."
Manik smirked at Nandani's intelligence and left her hand while playing along with her act. 
The day passed by and again today at 6:30 she went to Manik's apartment.