Chapter 15

"So you are not jealous?" Nandani asked for the last time.
"No. Never." Manik said and pretend to do his work.

As it was lunch time there were many people at the restaurant when she decided to execute her plan.
By the time Manik turned to her, she was gone. He felt relieved as he wouldn't have to face her. Just then a song started playing and he looked at the stage to see what was happening.

Give me give me give me love
And give me more
Thoda sa mujhse love le bhi aao
My lover gave you down n I feeling low
Again and again and again
What's danger, what danger, what danger
Take me down, down, down..
Manik couldn't see the girl dancing and decided to look away.
Aaj dikha de mujhe love karke
O baby bahon mein bharke
O jo bhi socha sapno mein
Woh aaj dikhade mujhe sab karke..
It was Nandani, dressed in a black knee length and a sleeveless dress. Manik was shocked to she her dressed like this. It was not something she wore everyday. He was scared to even blink his eyes as if she would disappear if he did.
Aaj dikha de mujhe love karke
O baby bahon mein bharke
O jo bhi socha sapno mein
Woh aaj dikhade mujhe sab karke..
Manik couldn't take his eyes off her but then suddenly realised the people present around her whistling and pass cheap comments on her. This angered him.
Tu isaq mera, tu isaq mera
Tu hi meri raaton ka nasha
Tu isaq mera, tu isaq mera
Soya hua jism jaga

Tu isaq mera, tu isaq mera
Tu hi meri raaton ka nasha
Tu isaq mera, tu isaq mera
Soya hua jism jaga
Before the song completed, Manik carried her on his shoulder and took her to an empty room. Perhaps it was a store room.

"What the hell was that?" Manik angrily asked her as he let her down.
"What was what? It was a dance. You didn't like it." Playfully asked Nandani.
"A dance!! And where did you get these clothes from. And why are you wearing them. Did you see how people were looking at you."
"How were they looking at me Manik?"
Manik held her by her shoulders and continued, "you don't know how they were looking at you?"
Nandani held his collar and pulled him closer. "Why don't you say that you didn't like the way they were looking at me."
Manik pulled her even closer and said, "I don't like it when anyone else except me is close to you. I don't like it when anyone else talks about you because only I am allowed to. Be it Dhruv or these guys in the restaurant."

They shared an eye lock for a moment, when the gap between them started decreasing. It was like their souls were getting pulled towards each other. Their eyes got closed feeling each and every moment of them together. Just as they were about to kiss, Manik's phone rang breaking the most beautiful moment of their lives.
"Yes boss......no boss.....sorry boss.....please boss....had an emergency so I had to leave......ok boss......thank you boss."
Nandani was still standing in her position when Manik looked at her and she blushed looking the other side. "Here put on my jacket, I will drop you home." Manik said as he offered his jacket to her.
Nandani had her change but decided to take his jacket instead. Manik and Nandani took a taxi and Manik dropped her at her apartment. "Manik, why don't you come upstairs. We can have lunch."
Manik without giving it a second thought decided to join her. Nandani quickly made lunch while Manik looked at pictures kept in the hall way. He saw her parents, her grandmother perhaps and a guy. "He seemed quite close to Nandani, maybe a friend." He thought. They had their lunch in an awkward silence as they had left their unfinished business back in the storeroom. Which pretty much was the reason. As Manik was about to leave he spoke, "thanks for the lunch Nandani."
"Manik......can't we become friends?"
"Friends," Manik said in a surprising tone.
Nandani simply nodded.
"You must have figured out by now that I can't be friends with you right?" Manik said as the least he wanted was to be friend zoned by her.
"I am not friends zoning you Manik. I mean friends as in let's get to know each other, so that we can......"Nandani stopped as she was blushing like anything.
Manik understood her point and thought of teasing her. "So that we can what Nandani?" As he said this he walked towards her closer making her blush even more.
Manik lifted her chin with one of his fingers and they shared an eyelock. Manik and Nandani close their eyes and feel each other's breathe. They came close for a kiss when their heads bang into each other.
"Ahhhh....Manik don't you know how to kiss?"
"Sorry, try again?"
They again came close to each other but their noses got in the way. This moment was just not happening and they both ended up laughing at the situation.
"Next time I guess." Manik said as he laughed. Manik took Nandani for a hug and she took hugged him back too. Both of them had never experienced the peace they had got in each other's arms. They were ready to stay like that for ages. "Now I don't feel like going for work," said Manik. "Then don't go today," Nandani replied as she too felt the same. They hugged each other even tighter, but soon broke the hug as she saw the door handle move. "Navya is here......let's hide Manik. She pulled Manik and both hid behind the couch in the corner of the room.
Navya and Cabir both entered together. Nandani peeped through the couch and saw them looking into each other's eyes. Just the next moment they began to kiss. "Shit what are they doing," Nandani said as she hid her face into Manik's chest. "They are doing what we couldn't do," Manik whispered into Nandani's ear as she blushed. Their kiss had taken a wild turn making Nandani very uncomfortable and Manik laughed at the situation. It was more uncomfortable because they could hear all sorts of sounds. None of them had the guts to look at what they were doing so waited till they got tired of each other. After a while they heard Cabir say something, "where is the washroom?"
Nandani knew this was the perfect time for them to escape and got ready for the moment when Navya will take him into the room.
"Come this way," said Navya and they went into the room.
"Manik lets go," Nandani said this and pulled him along out to the door. They quickly ran downstairs and couldn't stop laughing at what had just happened. "I finally got a chance to pull Cabir's leg but then I myself will get caught if I do, life is not fair at times." Manik said in between his laughters.
"Manik lets just keep us a secret till we get to know each other. " Nandani asked.
"Us? But what about us that should be a secret?" Manik teased her.
"Manik stop teasing me," she said as she hugged him.
"Fine only if you let me take you out for dinner."
"Oh, so you are asking me out on a date?"
"Something like that."
Nandani pulled out from the hug and blushed as she nodded for a yes.
"So miss strong Nandani Murty can also blush? That's a first."
"Manik I want to have many more firsts with you."
"Me too, now go get ready. I will pick you at 7:30."
"Bye" Nandani said.
Before leaving Manik quickly kissed on her forehead which made Nandani blush even harder.