Chapter 21

Manik's POV
Who is she? How did I ever even think of loving her. She disgusts me. How can anyone be so cheap and selfish? But why am I hurt, It's her life. Why couldn't things be like how they were in USA. Why is she like this, why can't the old Nandani come back to me. I hate you Nandani. I hate you for pulling me out of the darkness and then putting me into hell.
I was about the throw the paper weight, when Cabir walked in and stopped me.

Nandani's POV
"Miss Murty, would you like to give me your background check? As we do it for all the employees here." Did he find out about my marriage?Just now he called me Mrs Khurrana and now? Should I tell him the truth?
Just then I saw Mukti passing outside the office.
"You seemed to be interested in knowing about my personal life." I tried to avoid answering but I knew how Manik was. He will never leave me till he finds out about everything.
"Yes I am. I will be sharing some confidential information with you about this company. So I need to make sure that I am aware of everything about you." I knew it, he will just not leave me. What if I tell him the truth? But he has already moved on with Mukti. And I won't matter to him anymore. I would rather be fine with his hatred rather  then his sympathy. My life is a mess and it's too late to solve it. I don't deserve it, after killing Amms, I don't deserve anyone. What if I end up doing the same thing again. I have to make up something that will make Manik hate me even more. So that he is least bothered about my life.
"Manik Malhotra, you know how I am. So why should I hide anything from you. After I went to india I met many boys but I always found something missing about them. I stuck around few days and dumped them all. But then I met Aryaman. He was rich, handsome and an innocent person. Perfect for me. But he wasn't so good in bed. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted and then on the wedding day I rejected him. That felt so good. My uncle and Aunty found out about my doings so they threw me out of the house. Since then I travel around the country, with new names. Meet guys, use them for my physical needs and leave the city. I love this adventure, when I see broken people, I feel so satisfied. But don't worry, I don't repeat the same thing to my old targets. So you are safe." I wanted to run away. There was no one I could face him. My pills, I need them now. I can't breakdown now.
"Get out of my Cabin right now!" He didn't seemed to be angry or hurt but disgusted. I must have been the most horrible thing that had ever happened to him. I walked out of the cabin controlling my tears and quickly sipping in water with my pills. These pills are not good for me and I had already taken more then twice in a day. Don't know what life seek from me.

Cabir's POV
It was already 30 mins and I should go check what's happening. I can't let her break Manik again. Only I know what he had gone through the last time. This time I won't spare her if she messed with Manik. I headed towards his cabin when she stormed out of the cabin. She seemed weak and fragile. But before I could ask her she ran towards her desk and started hustling with her bag as if trying to find something. She took her water bottle and perhaps sipped in few pills as well. After that she stood with her eyes closed for few seconds and smiled brightly as she opened her eyes. She then got back to her work as if nothing had happened. Something felt fishy. I moved into Manik's cabin when he was about to throw the paper weight at me when I screamed to stop him.

"Manik you all right? What happened, why are you so angry?" I asked as things were getting impossible for me to understand.

"Cabir, you were right. We can't keep her in this office. She is so cheap. I can't believe I once loved her. She disgust me." Manik said.

"Manik you won't believe me but what if things are not what they seem like?" I expressed my views to Manik.

"What do you mean Cabir?"

"I don't know Manik. But it feels like she is trying to show us something while the reality is something else. And we are falling for it."

"Cabir what are you saying?"

"I know Manik, I have hated her more then you but today when she went out of your cabin, she seamed different. Her behaviour is so weird. One moment she is low and the next she is normal."

"Cabir, don't fall for this. It might just be a plan. She needs to get out of this place."

"Manik relax. Ok fine lets observe her for 10 days. We won't do anything, if you still think that everything is the same then you can throw her out of this place."

"Fine Cabir. Only 10 days."

I need to find out about this. After hating her all these years, why suddenly do I feel that things are not what they seem like. Is Nandani trying to hide something? If yes, then what? And why? Manik is not seeing what I am seeing. I guess he has been hurt enough now that's why he is being like this. Maybe I should keep Manik away from all this things. What if I am wrong? This will hurt Manik only, so I have to keep him out of all this.