Chapter 26

Joe's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of chimes filling the room. I slowly opened my tired eyes and looked over to see Brook was sitting up clinging the duvet to her naked body with one hand. And in her other hand she had her phone pressed to her ear. "Why the hell would you call me? You told me to leave!" I heard her say then I heard mumbling on the other side. "It was choice not yours and I-" she was cut off by the sound of yelling. She moved the phone to her hand and pressed the end button squeezing the phone so tight her knuckles were turning white.

She sat her phone on the bed and started to hug herself with one arm and grab and pull at her hair with the other. I sat up and grabbed her hand and she looked over at me with tear glossed eyes. "What happened?" I asked and she let out a sigh "Just some family things". I nodded "Like what?" and she looked at me then down at our hands "Not now ok?" and I felt her squeeze my hand. 

I wanted to protest but it was early and we were both too tired to argue. "Yea" I said and brought our hands up and kissed the back of hers. "Thank you" she said a small smile showing and she leaned over and kissed me.

"Can you not?" I heard Tyler say from the door. Both our heads snapped around and Brook covered herself even more. "Have you heard of knocking?" I asked trying to cover myself with the little bit of duvet Brook left for me. "I have for your information! And I came to tell you we're leaving in a few to get lunch" Tyler said I looked over at the clock to see it was noon already. 

"Yea fine now go!" I said and Tyler wiggled his eyebrows before he left. Brook let her tight grip on the duvet go and look at me. "We need new friends" she said with a smile and I nodded. She moved her eyes towards the window "It's raining" she said with big eyes and her bottom lip pushed out. "The sun can only last so long" I said and I heard her sigh "Yea" she said somberly.

She looked over the side of the bed and looked at me "Cover your eyes!” I laughed "I've seen you naked!" she threw a pillow at me "Just do it!" and I let out a sigh and put the pillow over my face. I could feel her get up and hear her run around grabbing things. I started to move the pillow "NO" I heard her shouted and I sighed moving it back. 

I heard a few shuffles then "Alright" she slowly drug out then I moved the pillow. She was sitting on the end of the bed combing through her hair. "Finally" I said and stood up and walked over to the drawer. "You could put some clothes on" she said and I shrugged "I could" then continued to pull out some clothes.

Brook's P.O.V

Joe finally put on some clothes and I finished my hair. "Ready?" he asked and I nodded standing up and putting on his sun glasses. We walked out of the room and down the stairs to find Alfie, Zoe, and Tyler standing by the door "You to love birds ready?" Alfie asked. I could feel myself turn red and I looked at Joe to see him the same way. "Let go!" Zoe said trying to get out of the situation as fast as possible.

We ran out of the house trying to avoid the rain and got in the car. I sat in the front with Zoe who was driving this time and all the boys sat in the back. Zoe started to car "So how was it" I heard Alfie say and I pretended not to hear it and looked ahead at the road. I heard Joe mumble something making Alfie laugh and Zoe pulled out of the driveway. I looked out of the window on my side and watched as the trees zip by and the rain splattered all over the window.

I felt my phone vibrate for the tenth time and I looked down to see my mother’s name flash across the screen. I let out a sigh and turned my phone off and shoved it in my pocket. "You ok?" Zoe asked and I turned to look at her a nodded "Yea". Her eyes were still on the road and she nodded and I moved my eyes to the road ahead.

After a while we finally pulled up to this small cafe. I opened my door and used my hand to cover the top of my head as I ran to the door. I reached to the handle but a hand grabbed it before me and opened it. I turned around to see Joe smiling and I nodded "Thanks". He placed one hand on my hip and we walked in and I saw many filmier faces.