Chapter 34

"I'm so sorry" Joe said starting the car and I rolled my eyes "It's not your fault babe" I said reaching over and resting my hand on his hand that held onto the steering wheel. "The weather went bipolar and chose to freeze everything!" I said laughing. “But this was supposed to be this special...thing!" Joe said then let out a loud sigh of frustration.

"It's ok! As long as were together everything is special" I said and he finally looked at me and smiled and I couldn't help the smile that curled on my lips as well. He then leans over and pressed a quick kiss on my lips then focused on the car again.

He pulled the car away from the camp site and started down the rugged road and we were finally going home, together. The thought of that alone made my smile grow even bigger and I could feel all this happiness build up inside me. The person I loved the most in my life was with me again, and I don't think I could have been any happier.

"Brook you ok?" I heard him ask and I looked over at him "I'm perfect" I said with a smile. He looked away from the road for a second to smile at me then moved his eyes back. "I missed you so much" Joe said for the millionth time "I know I would have missed me too" I said and we both started to laugh. But soon the laughter died down and we were left with this lingering silence in the car.

"I'm serious Brook I missed you a lot and I’m sorry I acted the way I did" he said and reached over and placed my hand on knee "I'm sorry too" I whispered. I pressed a small kiss on his cheek and he turned to look at me before pressing a kiss on my forehead. He looked out the windshield again and whispered "I love you".

The sound of his voice saying those three little words again felt amazing. "I love you too Joe" I said and kissed his cheek one more time before I sat back in my seat. It was quite again but this time it was more comforting. We both said how we felt and I at least hoped this would be the end of for a long time.

~

After about an hour we were back in town and we were home. I looked over at Joe to find him smiling at our home before he jumped out of the car and into the cold air outside. He jogged up to the door and looked back at me 'open the door' he mouthed. I laughed and rolled my eyes before pulling my key out then running up to the door.

I opened the door only to be met with a blast of warm air. Joe walked around looking all around like he had never seen this place before. "Wow I missed t-" he stopped and looked towards the couch and I did the same. I looked to find Zoe, Jim, Tanya, Marcus, Jack, Finn, Louise on the couch and Alfie and Darcy sitting on the floor. "Hi?" Zoe said look at all the others who eyes darted down to the floor.

"What are you all doing here?" I asked and Zoe started to play with her hair that was in a side braid. "You see you guys were gone so...I diced to check on Ally for you!" she said and I pointed to the others "And them?" I asked and she was speechless for once. "We used your place to hang out for a while!" Jack finally said and everyone smacked his arm, even Darcy when she saw everyone else do it.

I stood there eyeing them all for a while and I could see they were all a bit nervous. "You guys are so lucky I love you" I said and smiled walking over to hug the people I hadn’t seen in a while. "How ya been?" Jack said pressing a friendly kiss on my cheek "I'm a lot better now" I said looking back at Joe who was talking to Louise. "Happy you to see you" Finn added "you too" I simply said smiling at the twins.

"How are you Brook?" Jim practically shouted pulling me into a tight hug. "Doing fine Jimbo! How about you?" I asked and he laughed "Good as always!" he said making me smile. "Brook!" I heard Tanya sweet voice say as she pulled me into a loving hug. "I've missed seeing you Brook!" She said "We should hangout sometime soon!" she said lacing her hands together with a huge smile pasted on her face.