Chapter 38

"No up higher" I said to Joe who was standing on a ladder putting up the "Happy New Year" banner. "Like this" he said still unable to put it in the right place "No" I mumbled. "Alfie" I called and Alfie came into the living room form the kitchen with food in hand.

"Alfie I need you hang this up" I said pointing at the banner. Joe climbed down the latter and Alfie climbed up it moving the banner to the right place. "Right there" I said and handed him the nail hand hammer to hand it up.

"I could have done it" Joe mumbled and I patted his back "No you couldn’t" then I leaned over and pecked his cheek "And that's ok". I looked up to see Alfie hitting the nail one last time "Done" he said and stepped down. Zoe scurried in and we all looked up at it "Thank you Alfie" I said and Alfie nodded proud of himself.

"Next step" Zoe said and we all looked at her and nodded. "Boys you both need to lay out confetti all over and set out party hats, bead necklaces, and the horns" they nodded "And Brook you and I need to pick out your dress". Alfie groaned "Really?" Zoe scowled at him "Yes! Now get to work" she said and grabbed my hand dragging me up the stairs.

She pushed open the bedroom door and saw the mess on the floor. "Do you ever clean?" she asked and I shrugged "I'm lazy sometime". We walked in and she kicked the clothes around creating a path to the wardrobe. I sat on the bed and watched as she started looking though my wardrobe. Then she started tossing thing out at me right off the hanger.

"Zoe what the hell" I said as she tossed another shirt at me. "Are you afraid I’m going to make a mess?" she said looking around at the room and I rolled my eyes "Whatever just hurry up". She nodded and shuffled though the closet till she stopped and pulled out a short black dress. "This" she said and bent down grabbing a pair of nude six inch heels. 

"I don't know I don't want to be taller than Joe" I said and she rolled her eyes "Don't worry about him". She sat the dress in my lap and smiled at me "It's your party and you should look and feel good for once" then she paused "Show everyone how beautiful you really are" and I smiled and nodded. "Thanks Zoe" and she shrugged "Anytime" she said, then there was a loud crash downstairs and she let out a sigh "I'll go see you get ready".

She ran out of the room shutting the door behind her. I let out a sigh before I stripped off my clothes and slipped the dress over my head. Then I slipped the heels on my feet and made my to the bathroom to do my hair. I looked in the mirror only to see I was wearing the dress with he see though panel and the peplum waist.

Also known as the night I want out with Ryan, one of the worst nights of my life.

But it made me think of Joe and how he pretty much saved me. How he's almost always saving me form other people, and even myself. I kept thinking about Joe and a smile appeared on my face, because he has, does, and always make me happy. 

"You getting ready?" I heard Zoe on the other side of the door "Um Yea" I choked out. "You alright?" she asked and I smiled. "I've never been better" I said honestly "Ok. Just hurry up!" she said and I heard her walk away. Then I started combing through my hair and take all the tangles out. I didn't put any make-up on because I didn't feel I needed it. I threw on some earrings and a necklace and I looked, nice.

I opened the door and walked out and almost ripped on a shirt the was on the floor. Then I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. "Wow" I heard and looked to see all three of them looking at me and I froze. "Hi" I said and walked over and nobody said anything. "Guy?" I said and snapped in front of their faces and Zoe and Alfie snapped out of it.

"You look amazing" Zoe said and Alfie nodded "Brook you looked beautiful" I smiled "Thanks". I looked at Joe who was still looking at me "Anything you want to say?" I asked and he shook his head "There isn't a word to describe you". I grabbed his hand "Thanks" I mumbled before I leaned in a kissed him quickly. He was still looking at me making me blush then Ally sat on top of his feet and he looked down and sighed. 

"We need to finish getting the house ready anyway" I said letting go of his hands and looking around at the boy’s half-done job "We have a lot of work to do".

A/N: There are two chapter! Hope you ll are having Happy New Year or New Year's Eve! So thank you and don't forget to...

LIKE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT!xx