Chapter 12

A/N: This was 2 chapters but you guys have been waiting forever, so i made it one! Enjoy!xx

Brook's P.O.V

I looked at Zoe and she was biting her lip and look back and forth at Joe and I.  "I..I'm" i was such a mess i couldn't even piece together a sentence. I looked at everyone looking at me and i felt their gaze burn in my skin making my whole body go red. I looked at Joe and he gave me a small smile.

I looked back at everyone else "What are you looking at?" i said and everyone went back to what they were doing. I walked over to Zoe "How dare you" i whisper shouted "I'm doing this for your own good!". "What good is that?" i asked sarcastically laughing "Do you see yourself? Ever since that night you told Joe that friend crap everything has gotten worse! Did you even see the doctor like i asked?".

I rolled my eyes and shoved past her. I fast walked over to tents that were set up and got into my blue one i was going to be shearing with Zoe. I let the warm tears silently roll down my cheeks and onto the tent floor. I hated when she brought up the doctors, i did't need one. There was nothing wrong with me, i was fine.

Then there was a shadow at the tent and i couldn't make out who it was. "Can i come in?" Joe's voice rang though my ears. "NO!" i braked at him "Let me explain!" he said shaking the tent. I did't answer and Joe shook the tent harder "Joe stop" i half shouted, the other half laughed. "Not till you let me come in!" he laughed still shaking the tent almost as hard as he could "FINE!" i squealed.

Not a second later the tent was unzipped and Joe was standing in front of me and i stood. "I did't know either" he said and looked at him confused "Alfie tricked me". I nodded "Same with Zoe" i said and looked into his eyes. "You been crying?" he asked and i sighed "Well i'm not going to lie, yea". "What about" he asked and i held my hands up "Not now alright?" i said and he nodded.

We stood there not saying a word and i felt he heat in the tent increase. He ran his hand through his hair "Well it's hot in here and we are going to be here till Sunday, so i'll see you" he said and i nodded. He turned around and unzipped the tent and stepped out.

I followed out the tent and watched as he walked away. Then i felt someone tug my arm "What happened?" Zoe asked. "We talked" i simply said "About.." i rolled my eyes. "Zoe we are friends" i said shoving my hands in my pockets and digging my heel in the dirt. "Fine" she said and walked away. I knew this was not the end of this.

Joe's P.O.V

It was much later in the night and most of us were all huddled around the bright camp fire roasting marshmallows. The dark night sky had the bright moon and little sparkling stars adding a calming affect on me. The camp fire crackled and warmed my body giving off a comforting effect. Everything was almost perfect, but something was missing.

I removed my marshmallow from the heat and took a bite. "HOT!" i exclaimed and everyone started to laugh as i spit it out. "It's hot? I would have never guessed!" Jim said and i sent him a look. I waited for the rest of my marshmallow to cool.

I heard the crunch of a branch behind me and turned around. Alfie, Zoe, and Brook came walking over and sat down next to me, Alfie and Zoe in between Brook and I. I leaned over a bit and looked at her. She sent a half smile my way and i returned one,

I sat back and Alfie leaned over "Ask her to go on a walk" i looked at him crazily. "You know i can't we-" "It just a walk" Alfie interrupted. He was right it's not like i was going to ask her to marry me. "Fine" i said and stood up.

I scarfed the marshmallow in my mouth and chewed it in a hurry. "Brook" i said and she looked at me with her sea blue eyes. "Would like to take a walk with me?" she kitted her eyebrows unsure of what to say. "It's just a walk" i assured her and she nodded hesitantly.