"I love her."

Chapter 26

Danger's Point of View:
(3 weeks later)

I knocked on the front door to The Reed Estate and waited patiently. I hadn't seen Kennedy in a week because she's been pretty busy with catching up for school. Of course, since i don't need to protect her anymore, i don't need to go to that retched place.

I have another month until i'm thrown in jail for 3 years and to be quite honest, i'm not ready. I'm not ready to leave her behind, now that the other gangs know who she is to me she's a target. I'm not sure the guys can help her. I told Bradley and Xavier to go out recruiting for new members so that when i'm gone there's still some loyal people that will have my back.

My thoughts were interrupted by her father opening the front door.

"What are you doing here?" He looked down at me.

"Hey Mr. Reed, nice seeing you too. How are you?" I said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes at me, "seriously. Why are you here."

"I'm taking Kennedy out today. I havent seen her in a few days."

"Like hell you are. You no longer need to be around my daughter." He sighed, "come out here and talk with me."

We walked don the driveway to where my car was parked by the gate. I leaned against my car and he tilted his glasses down.

"Listen kid, my daughter is everything. She needs me, as much as i need her. That means someday i'm gonna have to let her go. When i do, she needs to be with a man. Not a boy, which is what you are under all that fake bad boy bullshit."

I looked down and smirked then back up at him, "i love her."

"Yeah sure  you do. I know what type of guy you are. Once upon a time i used to be the same thing. You know what that means?"

I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to answer his own question.

"That means one day you'll leave her, for someone else and break her heart. That can't happen."

"You don't know us."

He started to walk away, "i don't want to. I don't wanna know you. You need to get in your car and leave, and don't come back.

"What would you do." I grinned, finally getting a threat from someone after weeks without any.

"I'd hit the road."

"Is that supposed to scare me? A little threat from an old man."

"Believe me kid, i've done things that will make you cringe."

"Oh yeah?" I stepped up to him, "like what?"

"Hey Jason!" Kennedy's bubbly self skipped over to me and hugged me tight, and i looked her father straight in the eye with a smirk.

She let go, "are you ready? Where are we going?"

"You're not going anywhere with this kid anymore. His protection detail is over. He's leaving."

Kennedy looked at me with the saddest face, "wait what..."

"I'm not going anywhere. Your father just doesn't want me around you because i may influence you and ruin your innocence."

She smirked, probably thinking exactly what i was thinking, and shrugged, "dad relax okay, he's harmless." She laughed and got in my car.

"I'm harmless to her, but to you... You don't want to know." I backed up and walked around to the driver's side.

"Okay McCann. Watch your back."

I winked sarcastically and got in the car.

"Well that was fun." Kennedy laughed.

"Right? Okay you're changing me, having me waking up at 9 in the morning to come and get you. What the hell. I never wake up this early."

"Oh boo hoo you're not dying."

"I feel like it." I laughed and started backing out of the driveway.

"Where are we going?"

"So i have to go to the warehouse and get a few things straightened out with Xavier, he wanted to talk. But after that we're free to do whatever you want."

"Okay, so to-" Kennedy gagged and covered her mouth.

I stopped the car and she opened her door, puking on the ground. I got out and ran to her side.

"Come here, take your seat belt off." She puked once more and then took it off, spitting whatever was left out on the ground. She got out and i leaned her against the car, wiping her face with my sleeve.

"What was that baby?" I pouted and she coughed a little.

"I don't... I don't know. Maybe i ate something bad this morning for breakfast. Or maybe i didn't cook it all the way through."

I nodded, "yeah maybe. Do you just wanna go hang out at the warehouse? If you're sick you need rest."

"Yeah let's do that." She flashed a weak smile.

"Okay come on."

Kennedy's Point of View:

We made it to the warehouse and my stomach was still messed up. I didn't know what happened but i was starting to freak out.

"Babe go ahead inside i'm gonna call Tiff really quick she needs to talk."

"Okay, i have to talk to X anyway."

I dialed her number and she picked up on the second ring.

"Hey! What's up?" She sounded like she was in a good mood.

"I think i'm pregnant."