"What do you mean agreement?"

Chapter 32

Kennedy's POV:

"Are you going to have it? Or..." Emma asked quietly about the baby. We were at school after all.

I shrugged, it's only been a few days since i found out. Jason still doesn't know, and i'm still scared to tell him.

"Well if you chose the other option you need to talk to him about it first because it is his also." Tiff chimed in.

"Yeah i know... I think we just need to talk in general about us. We havent been talking a lot lately... And hes going to jail..."

"Yeah you're right. Wasn't he over your house that day though?" Tiff said.

I nodded, "i don't know why... I guess he was talking to my dad about something. Or vise versa..."

School was almost over and when i got to school today after not being there for a while, everyone was asking what was wrong and what happened. I mean if the news story didnt spike their interest, then the bruises and scars and cuts on my body would.

I tried avoiding it though. I went to my next class after lunch and took a seat. I started to do the warm up assignment on the board, and Ace walked in.

"Hey Ken." He smiled and sat down.

"Hi!" I smiled big, "how are you?"

"I'm great, how are you feeling? Do your legs still hurt?"

I shook my head, "not as much anymore, but like kneeling and squatting is still hard."

"Oh i bet. Did you hear what happened to Carter?"

My eyes grew wide, "no? What happened? Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he just went all pyscho on his parents... Like he started throwing stuff at them and they had to call the police."

"Oh shit... That's crazy... Maybe it was from stress or something."

"Yeah, that could be it. Did you do that research paper?" Ace asked hesitantly.

"I did..."

"Fuck! How come you were kidnapped, stabbed an beaten up so bad but you still managed to do all of the missing work before you came back to school and i cant even do one lousy paper?"

I giggled, "because it's just you Ace. You don't do homework. But you're still smart as hell."

"Thanks Kennedy." He laughed and class started.

~

Jason's POV:

There i was, once again in the old man's office, listening to him trying to convince me to leave with the money.

"Look, no offense old man, but if you're trying to keep your daughter from being happy, what does that say about you?" I smirked.

"She's not happy with you. There's no way, she's just attached to you because you saved her."

"Yeah right."

Richard stood up and started to walk around his desk, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Who passes up 5 million dollars for a girl."

"A good guy."

"That's what you think you are? Who are you fooling?"

I looked up at him, then back down and thought about it... Who was i fooling? I'm always going to be Jason McCann... I dug myself into that hole and the thrill of it was like nothing I've ever felt before... I always said a girl would never change me or come between me and my boys but... Here we are.

"You like to kill. Don't you?"

I stayed quiet.

"DON'T YOU?" He slammed his hand on the back of my chair.

"YES!" I yelled back.

"So what makes you think you're going to be able to walk out of it... If you leave my daughter and take the money, you won't have to walk away."

I shook my head, "stop."

"Here. I'll let you hold it." He threw me a backpack with stacks of fresh one-hundred dollar bills in it. God it smelled amazing... I did want it. I wasn't going to lie.

"The agreement was you come protect my daughter until she didn't need you and you leave with the 5 million dollars and never come back. Not fall in love with her."

"I don't w-"

"What do you mean agreement...?" I heard a soft shaky voice behind me.

I turned around to see Kennedy standing in the doorway.

"Oh honey i didnt hear you come in. Jason and i were just discussing his payment for the last few months."

"Payment for what?" She looked at me.

"Well protecting you of course? Now that you dont need it he can take the money and leave."

"So you knew the entire time?!" Kennedy yelled.

"Well.. Yes! But i completely forgot about the money once i really knew you Kennedy! I swear!"

"Whatever. I knew you wouldn't change. Just take the money and get out of my house." She shook her head and left the room.

"Kennedy wait!" I got up to go after her but her father stopped me.

"Let her go. She doesn't want you anymore."

I shoved him off me, "i'm going, but keep your stupid money. It's not worth it."

I grabbed my keys and walked out of there house and down the driveway and looked up at Kennedy's window. I saw the blinds quickly close before a shadow walked away from the window. I sighed and got in my car, and drove out of there as fast as i could.