•1•

"Alright guys, that's all for now," the professor said as he erased the contents on the board. I got up slowly, morning classes at 8 were always a pain. I packed my things as the last of the students walked out.

"Have a nice weekend," I said smiling politely to my professor. He places the eraser down and turns to me smiling back.

"You too, Tana. Oh, and what have I told you about editing in my class?" he joked as he logged out the computer he used for the presentation.

"I'm sorry, professor. I'll try my hardest next class, I promise," I answered, laughing lightly. He gave me a nod of agreement, as I walked out of the class. I was always the last one out of my class, specifically because I would get caught up in editing my pictures and wouldn't realize the class finished. I couldn't help it, photography was my life. Not to mention that if I didn't edit I wouldn't have a job. Which reminded me, I have to edit the pictures I did last week, crap, their due tomorrow.

'Alright, I'll go to the cafeteria and buy some breakfast, and then I'll lock myself in the library,' I planned to myself as I push the door to exit the building. I was instantly greeted by a cold wind, I reached down and zippered up my jacket as I walked outside, trying to quickly get the campus center.

'It's too cold for this' I thought as I walked down the block trying to not bump into people.

"TANA, pose" I turned around to see Alan with his phone ready to take a picture. I put my hand on my hip and pushed my hair back, smiling toward the camera.

"Beautiful," he said smiling, we walked together down the rest of the block, both trying to get there quickly. We approached the center's stairs, jumping some steps in order to get inside.

"Thank you," I said to the student opening the door. I stepped inside the building, waiting for Alan to get in. The warmness of the place felt better than the cold air outside. The lounge was empty due to the early time. It was good though because I could get my food and work on my things with no distractions.

"Go sit and I'll order, I know what you get," Alan said to me once we reached the Starbucks. I simply nodded and went to find a small table for us. I sat at a table in the corner where people could see us but not fully. I reach into my bag a grab my laptop, logging in. I really had to get editing done before tomorrow. I inserted my flash drive and opened the files. Patiently I waited for the files to open and for my drink. I hummed softly to the song playing on the radio. I could see Alan coming with our orders. I smiled at him as he set the order on the table and sat in front of me.

"Whose pictures are you editing?" he asked as he took a sip of his coffee. He jerked back in slight pain trying to play it off.

"You're so stupid, blow before you drink. And it's for the Fall out Boy photoshoot I did two weeks ago. And since I also did the Melanie Martinez shoot this week, I have a huge pile of photos to edit and select for the new issue," I said biting into my sandwich, wiping my mouth from the excess food.

"And that's why I prefer to interview the bands. I wouldn't be able to do all that. It's too much," Alan said as he shook his head in disbelief. 

"But your edit videos too?" I pointed out as he nodded his head in agreement. 

"Yeah because no one else wanted to do it. It was either that or Mark would have picked someone that probably would have half-assed it. I already knew the basic so I figured why not," he explained. "Speaking of we should probably get going it's almost ten."

"Shit, you're right, we have a meeting. Who do you think I'll get to photograph this time?" I asked him as I tried to finish my breakfast on time.

"Who knows? There's a wide range of artists that could be blessed with a photo shoot by Montana Gonzalez" he joked as he ate his bagel, laughing with his eyes. I kicked him under the table, shaking my head, "I'm just a photographer, not a god. But thanks for always hyping me up."

"I mean you might as well be a god. You were literally 16 a and somehow landed a job at the biggest music magazine company known," he said looking at me in the eye.

"I guess I am a god then," I joked back before eating the last bite of my sandwich. Alan shook his head a small laugh leaving him. Getting up from his chair to throw away the trash, I followed him to head out. We walked out of the comfort of the building into the winter winds ready to begin a long day at work.