•3•

"So how are we gonna do this?" Alan asked as we exited the room. I shrugged my shoulders, I had never interviewed a band. The idea of me doing so made me want to crawl into a hole underground. The two of us walked alone on the empty sidewalk. The cold air kissed my face as I shrugged my shoulders at his question.

"Honestly I have no idea," I said. "This is so stupid. I don't understand why I just can't go as a photographer and you have you interview them. It's not my thing."

"Maybe he wants you to expand your skills," Alan suggested though by the look on his face he wasn't even sure of that one.

"I just can't. It's awkward to sit there and talk to people that I don't know. It's going to be horrible," I was certain in my words. "And you saw his excited face. I can't mess this up but I am because I'm doing something that I've never done before."

"Tana, you'll do fine I'll help you and we'll do practice ones before the real one. Plus I'm gonna be with you" Alan said rubbing my back. In a way his words of assurance helped calm my nerves. The two of us stopped for a second waiting for the crosswalk sign to change. Despite agreeing with his statement Alan could still sense that I was bothered by this decision. Without a word he place his hand on my back and massaged the spot where fingertips reached like when we were little. He knew that would calm me down, and it always worked. The crosswalk signalled for us to walk, once again we walked towards the parking lot. Even as we walked down the street his hand never once removed itself from my back. My car finally coming into view as we finally reached the lot.

"Thanks, Al. I just want to do a good job," I explained to him. Stopping me in my tracks, Alan turned me to face him. His hands now cupping my face, leaning down to look into my eyes. For a minute he just stared into my eyes before opening his mouth.

"The interview and your photo shoot is going to go well. Trust me" he said softly giving me a small smile. "And it's not like you're going to have to see them again, it's just a three day shoot and then you leave and don't see them unless they want another shoot."

He was right. I just had to get through this.