•33•

I sat at the front of the bus while the boys held a meeting in the back room. The night began with everyone having a positive mindset that the tour would go good but now that had changed. The show was a mess. Georg missed so many cues which caused other members to mess up their cues. But it wasn't entirely his fault. Even when he was able to get the flow back the other members made mistakes. To say the least, the band members were upset with each other. They had practiced so long just for this. It was obvious that they were trying to keep quiet so that Alan and I wouldn't hear but it was of no use. I could perfectly hear every swear and insult they made to each other when they spoke.

I shouldn't have said what I said.

I really shouldn't have.

I spoke my heart without thinking about the effect that my words would have on Georg.

I knew that my words were to blame for Georg's mishaps. I was to blame for this terrible show. I was to blame for ruining their fan's experience. Because of me, haters had another reason to talk about how the band couldn't play or sing live. It was because of me. To make things worse, I couldn't apologize to them. Apologizing to them would mean telling them about everything and I was not up for that. I had been so absorbed by my thoughts that I didn't notice when some of them had returned to the front of the bus. If it wasn't for Bill sitting next to me I probably wouldn't have for a good while.

"Tana, hug me," he pouted. I moved my laptop, placing it on the table for him to lay down on my lap. He easily understood what I meant, turning his pout into a smile.

"This is why I love you," he laid down gently. I smiled down at his and began playing with his hair. He had adopted this habit of laying down on my lap whenever he was stressed or really tired. Maybe it was a combination of both emotions, being that it didn't take long for him to fall asleep. At least I could make one of them feel better.

"Hey guys can you come up front real quick," their manager asked loud enough for them to hear from the back. I didn't look up to see who had joined. My eyes only focused on their manager.

"It's been a rough night. I know that some of them are upset and rightfully so. This is why I've decided that we should stay at a hotel today. If one of you guys want your own room, then you can have one to disassociate yourselves, I understand ok," he spoke softly.

"So pack a small bag for the night. Tomorrow we will wake up around 4 to leave so we can still make it to the next city in time," and with that, he disappeared again to join the bus driver. I could feel Bill get up from my lap.

Before getting up he looked at me, "Don't worry you'll get your own room," he said as he stood.

"Come on, let's pack," his hand extended out for me to grab for support. I shook my head at his offer to help.

"I'll let you guys pack first because it gets too packed. If anything I can stay on the bus for the night. It's more important if you pack first, you guys need a night away," I said. He seemed to understand my point of view, thankfully. I grabbed my laptop once again to work on some stuff.

I think the shuffling had woken Alan up. He had gone straight to his bunk once we got back to the bus, right before falling asleep he sent me a text that he was going to sleep to not hear the argument.

"What's going on?" he asked, confused as to what was going on. I laughed at messy curls that fell onto his face. His eyes swollen from his nap which made them look smaller than normal.

"We're staying at a hotel, so pack up" I answered. My eyes back on the screen which didn't last long in my lap. Moving it out his way, I watched as Alan placed it on the table where I had just taken it off of.

"Really? I'm trying to work," I jokingly shouted. He shrugged his shoulders right before he laid down on my lap.

"You should be packing," he said with his eyes closed. I flicked his forehead to wake him up. After so many years of being friends with him, I came to learn that Alan was a very heavy sleeper. The last thing I wanted was for him to fall asleep on me. I was sure that his head could crush me if I gave him the chance.

"Don't hit me," he complained, sitting up from my lap.

"Why not? It's fun," I laughed at his pained face.

"I'm telling mom," he joked at me. He was a bit more awake now than before so maybe my forehead flick had worked.

"Tana, Alan go ahead and pack we're done," Tom came into the room with a backpack on. He looked like a little kid ready for his first day of school. I reached over for my camera which sat next to my laptop, snapping a quick picture.

"That one is going into the blackmail folder in case I need it in the future," I jest. Tom just stood there feigning being angry at my comment.

"I can take more," I laughed as I put my camera up. He turned around so fast to avoid having his picture taken, telling me no in the process.

"Ok, then move out of the doorway so we can go pack," I said to him while I put my camera down. Moving out of the way he maintained his back towards me so I couldn't see him.

"Now I understand why Bill hates you sometimes," Alan said softly. His comment caused Tom to stick his middle finger up, his back still towards us. From the corner of my eye, I could see Georg slip into the back room rapidly once he noticed me walking to the back. He was trying to avoid me without me noticing but I noticed. This was one of the very few moments that I wanted to go back and time and take back what I said. But the damage was done and I couldn't fix that. I just had to live with it. If we were meant to work then we would be able to overcome this problem. I prayed that was the case.