Ch. 10

I searched what trolley was, I was shocked to find a vehicle and thought I was wrong. By trolley, I meant the ones with four wheels and is used for serving food.

Oh, lol, Sebastian bringing a trolley (vehicle) into the study to serve snacks. XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last three days of my two week vacation was spent resting, fainting, sleeping, and forced feeding. The servants came back yesterday... and now... everything's turning back to how it was before. Papers piled up waiting to be checked, explosions in the kitchen, the thud of trees hitting the ground, and stair railings wiped with shoe polish. I haven't even spent a day alone with Sebastian in those two weeks! Oh, how about the three days I was sick? Well... yes, he was there, but I was asleep most of the time and we never did any lovey-dovey-heart-thumping-rosey-pink-and-frilly things that lovers are said to do. I thought as I scribbled on the documents scattered all over my desk.

There was a knock on the door. "Young Master, I brought you your morning snack." A handsome man let himself in.

"Opéra gateau, huh. Just in time." I swept the papers away from my desk.

"Young Master..." he sighed, picking up a piece of paper that had fallen to the floor."What's with all these scribbles?"

"Well, I was bored." Taking a bite from the opera.

"Well," he said, imitating my tone, "I won't be giving you this Opéra gateau if you do not finish at least one fourth of the papers that you were supposed to work on." He removed the plate from my desk and placed it back in the trolley.

I grunted. Sebastian is a slave driver when it comes to work. I had no choice but to do as he says.

"I don't want to do this anymore." I whined, resting my head on the table.

"Well done, sir. Just in time for lunch." He stacked the documents neatly, separating the finished ones from the others. "And even though you kept whining, you finished half of them when I told you to do at least one fourth. You actually love working, don't you?"

Working is not so bad. It's just that, I often get so immersed that I lose track of time preventing me from spending more time with Sebastian. "Sebastian... why do you always work me to the ground?" I asked him him as I slouched on my desk.

"How rude. I do not work you to the ground at all. You just neglect your duties so much that they pile up." He replied with his forehead creased with disapproval. Then he smiled. " I admire the you who's immersed in studies or work."

"You're pretty much admitting to being a slave driver, one way or the another." I grumbled.

"However." He leaned over to me, placing his lips near my ears and whispered. "I often do feel neglected and lonely. Are those paperwork much better than I at keeping you company?" A voice that sends a shivering sensation all over my body.

"Y-You!" I sat up straight covering my ear. He stood in front of me with an innocent smile. "I-If you feel that lonely, then stop giving me paperwork."

"I cannot permit to that. Managing the company is your responsibility after all, and you cannot shove that responsibility to someone else."

"Then why are you complaining about me not being able to spend more time with you?" Blushing beet red, I continued. "O-Of course you're much... better at... keeping me company."

"I was only joking, young master, but to hear you say that, I am honoured." He made a slight bow. "Anyways, lunch has been prepared in the dining room. Shall we head there?"