Ch. 20

It's been quite some time, but I am back.

My Sebastian Michaelis account was disabled so just look for 'Sebastian Kaif' and you'll see this really weird name. That's my new account.
____________________________________________________________________________
((Ciel POV))

The clacking of the carriage reverberated as we passed through the dark, sleeping streets of London. That night, I was more than unamused. I hate parties. I hate its crowd. I hate its fake smiles, obnoxious people, and its third-grade food which is why I hardly attend them. "Would it really be necessary for me to be there?" I asked, turning to Sebastian who was sitting next to me. He seemed to be in high spirits tonight.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." Sebastian replied, trying to sound as if he did not want to be there. "It'd be impolite of us to refuse all of the host's invitations specially when they're one of our very important business partners."

I huffed. Sebastian and I are finally alone after so long. It'd be a waste to spend that time attending an old man's party. Aside from yesterday, I don't even remember how long it'd been since he last touched me. I felt my face starting to get hot as I recalled yesterday's events.

"Are you feeling unwell??" He asked, taking my hand into his. "Your face is flushed."

"Wha-" I stuttered. My past self would never have guessed that he would turn out like this. Well, at least Mira isn't here to read my thoughts. "No.. I'm fine. My costume just isn't comfortable." I was asked to wear a dracula costume as the theme of the party as I was informed is fictional characters. I even had to wear canines. Sebastian on the other hand was dressed as Mr Darcy. His hair swept back and he was wearing clothes that Englishmen wore seventy years ago. Anyone else would've looked old fashioned if they were to wear them, but Sebastian wore them as if the was the current trend..

The carriage slowed before coming to a stop. "It seems like we're here, my lord."

I sighed. "Let's go."

* * *

I wonder how I should describe the party. Right. It was terrible. Their brownies tasted like chicken, I was asked if I lost my mother in the crowd, and what more is that glossy eyed women have crowded around Sebastian the whole time leaving me like alone in the sidelines like a wallflower which I usually am, but that's not the point. I walked out into the veranda for a breather, but the air smelt so much like burnt rubber from I don't know and I don't want to know where.

My mood was terrible and everything irritated me until a gentleman in fine black suit walked towards me. He casually started a conversation about the market and the economy praising me every so often about how knowledgeable I was about them. There was something about him that seemed so familiar it made me drop my guard. The man had a pale white skin and swept back jet black hair. His neck and jaw were clearly masculine like Sebastian's but much more defined. He took two drinks as a waiter passed by and offered me one. Not being able to refuse, I took a sip from it. From that moment on, my head started to pound.

"Is that your man?" He asked, his gaze turning towards Sebastian who was still surrounded by women.

My eyes widened, how did he know. "He's... my butler." I took another sip from the drink, mostly to hide my face away from him. Why does my body feel so weird. I leant against the railing as my knees grew weak.

"Really? Well, isn't he a charmer." The man turned his gaze back to me. "Are you quite all right?"

"No, I'm fine..." I lied. I should've known that there was something on that drink.

"Let's get you to a room..." he said, helping me to my feet and holding my hand to take me some place else. At that moment, I was weak to the point that I couldn't fight back or even utter a single word of rejection.