Chapter 34

I was reading with my legs curled up in the large spacious lounge.

A few days had passed since the letter incident and things were improving between me and Aahil. The incision on his chest was healing significantly and both of us openly showed affection whenever possible. I was thoroughly enjoying marital bliss.

Aahil never ceased to amaze me with his care and concern. Everything was going fine Alhamdulillah. No threats were passed and I was totally at peace.

"Here. I need your help to sort it out," Aahil said dumping the wooden boxes.

Keenly, I discarded my book and looked intently at the boxes. "What do they contain?" I asked trying to control my curiosity.

"All these files contain information on the drugs which are designed and produced by our company and some files are related to new inventions and discoveries too."

"Most of the drugs are already successfully launched in the market. I want you to help me search through these files so that we might be sure that your dad did not hide the most important file in between these, hoping it would only go into right hands."

"But why would he hide them here?"

He shrugged his broad shoulders and bit his bottom lip with worry. "It's just my assumption as the storeroom containing old files is located exactly opposite to your father's personal laboratory and the camera footage shows that he entered the storeroom for a few seconds on the particular night of his death."

I nodded my head in understanding.

Zealously, we searched through every file. There were hundreds of them with useful information regarding new drugs which were cheap and could cure as effectively as the costlier ones.

Some of the research caught my interest and I began reading some of them.

"Could you work more efficiently and stop wasting your time?" he inquired pointedly fixing me a look that defied authority.

I stopped reading and began searching. After searching tirelessly for about one hour we gave up.

I got up rubbing my leg to ease the pins and needles that had come from kneeling too long.

"Tired?" His smile was a cynical movement of lips.

I nodded my head.

"I had to show you something else too," He said holding up a folded pink sheet of paper.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't think that you'll be able to take it," He said grimly.

"You can tell me. I'm stronger than my appearance may suggest."

He threw back his head and laughed. "Don't I know that? Even though you look as fragile as the glass you could be a real tigress at times..ummm..Do you need me to spell out the specific times." He gave an amused smile. "I'm planning on consulting a doctor for these bites." He pointed his lean finger to his neck.

"Aahil," I glared at him and he laughed harder. "I'm not going to help you," I turned my back towards him.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and urged me up against him and it had every cell in my skin leaping.

He kissed me passionately as I shuddered in his arms compulsively and my heart raced so hard that I clung and clutched to him to stay upright. "The tigress has surfaced, hasn't she?" He gave me one of his most mesmerizing smile and I couldn't help but return it.

When he let go I grimly focused in appalled fascination on the grimy set of fingerprints which now marred his white shirt, sweeping up from his waist, glancing across his broad chest in an obviously lingering caress and then indenting clearly across his wide shoulders where I had clung for dear life.