Chapter 14

Italiano's was a fabulous restaurant. The decor was unpretentious and rather Spartan-brown tablecloths, cream walls, thickly dressed windows to keep the atmosphere warm.

I and Aahil were welcomed at the door and escorted to the only vacant table in one of the rooms which looked even more elegant. The waiters were friendly and caring, the service very good, the ambience excellent and food superb.

It was a pleasant place to be and It was surprising to appreciate just how much I was enjoying myself. I even recognised two or three famous faces amongst the diners and I learnt that the place was mostly occupied by the high profile and few foreigners.

There was a break in the buzz of conversation as we walked across to our table. Aahil was well-known here and people thought of him as some kind of celebrity.

I felt a lot of women steal glances at him and it somehow made me feel insecure and yet amazingly he was giving me his undivided attention.

As far as he was concerned, I was the only woman in the restaurant. He sat opposite to me and apart from discussing our meal order with the waiter, he was giving me all his attention.

His whole expression was one of warm pleasure in being with me. I could not help my face glowing with the happiness inside me.

Every meal was delicately prepared and delicious. To my surprise, I found that I had a hearty appetite. It had been a long time since lunch and with the churning emotions, I hadn't felt like eating and only now did I realise that my body was crying out for sustenance.

"You are very quiet," Aahil murmured.

It took a terrifying amount of will power to drag my disobedient gaze from him. It always did!

"Aleena, what are you thinking," The honey-dark drawl made my stupid heart skip a beat. It always did!

It shook my head vigorously, "It's nothing."

"I wish to know you with a clear mind without my opinions clouding my judgement," Aahil invited.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything," He replied with passion.

"I don't know how to begin. I feel at a total loss of words."

"We will start with basic things and I'll answer your questions also."

A huge smile erupted through my lips and I looked at him enthusiastically.

"Favourite colour?"

"Purple. Yours?"

"Black."

'black' the word simply held a lot of meaning.

"Favourite food?"

"Chinese and Yours?"

"Italian," he drawled.

"Oh, that is why you chose this restaurant. I liked the food and the place is warm and homely."

"I am glad you liked it. It is quite hard to get a table without reservation as it is always filled with tourists."

"In which subject did you major in university?"

"Microbiology,"

"You could take up a post in our company and continue your higher studies after our lives return back to normal."

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course," His brilliant dark eyes sparkled with warm indulgence.