Ghosts: Part 2

June 19th, 2011

"I'm here."

Demtri rattled off an address and I hung up the phone. I left the pay phone in the empty town and headed east, towards the country. The house was located just outside of the bustling streets and bright lights of the city. Approaching the house, I smelt not only Demetri's and Valentina's scents but others as well. So I put myself on guard for any threat and approached the large house. Valentina had the door open and a hug for me as she invited me inside. Demetri was in the kitchen with another vampire.

"Gabriel, this is Max. Max, Gabriel." He said nicely.

I had a stare down with this Max as he looked quizzical at me.

"He's the one we told you about." Valentina said to break the silence.

Max looked like he finally understood.

"You better not be telling anybody about me, Valentina." I warned.

Demetri offered me some blood.

"I'd rather die than drink that stuff. Let's go into London tonight, we can party and, uh, feast."

"We'll see," which sounded more like a no, "so what have you been doing?"

I proceeded to tell them about Rodrick and the bar and of Brielle, and of their strange ways. I hadn't mentioned the part about Rodrick being the oldest vampire still out there, they didn't need to know that.

"So you've had quite an adventure." Max said.

"That's no adventure, that's my life everyday. I was rather bored actually." Just like Jordan was, he was shocked at my boredom of it all.

"How was the flight?" Demetri asked.

I looked at him for a minute. Such human questions they were asking, questions that had no purpose. I finally answered him though, "As horrific as could be. Humans are just horrible company."

I heard this banging coming from upstairs. No one else moved so I thought I was imagining one of my ghosts again. But I heard it again. "You heard that to...right?" I asked. They would either think I was crazy, or I wouldn't actually be crazy. Thank God, they all nodded!

"What do you have up there?" I questioned.

Nobody answered.

"Listen, either you answer me or I go up and find out for myself!" I moved towards the stairs.

"Gabriel! Wait!" Valentina caught my arm and I growled at her, "Its Tristan."

I laughed outright in her face, it was the greatest joke ever! As if Tristan could be alive! I sent him to Hell for gods sake!

Valentina proceeded to tell me about Tristan and Max being angels.

"I figured." I scoff.

"You know of us?" Max asks, still disapproving of my earlier laughter.

"Bits and pieces. Correct me if I'm wrong, which I never am, you two were supposed to be angels when you died but instead got turned into big bad vampires and will rot in Hell for eternity when you eventually die. Correct?"

Max nodded.

The screaming gets louder and louder. I push away from the wall and towards the stairs, but Max blocks my path.

"Move." I demand.

He stares at me. What the hell is his problem?! I haven't even done anything......yet!

"Manners!" Valentina shrieks.

"Of course, Move now or I will rip your body apart, watch it heal itself and then rip it apart again until I get bored! Do NOT think you are superior to me just because you are a freakin angel! You can move yourself or I can throw you across the room!" I shouted.