Chapter 1: The Vietnam Flag

This book takes place after Season 11, Episode 13: "Love Hurts."

Warnings: Ghost, death.

<><><><><>

The wooden door creaked slightly as it was pushed open, the two teenage boys turning on their flashlights and closing the door behind them. It was almost pitch black in the house, but their flashlights provided just enough light for them to see. The old, polished, wooden floors creaked under their weight as they walked, the cold air and darkness making the atmosphere more creepy.

"Hey, Blaine." the shorter one whispered, walking ahead of his friend. "Isn't this the U.S Cavalry room?"

Blaine turned his head and looked at his friend from one of the old guns he was examining. The two boys were at Fort Reno, which was an old military fort that was now a museum. They had been there earlier with their class that day on a field trip and had wanted to come back since the tour guide had told them the place was haunted.

"I think so, Finn." Blaine said, walking to where his friend was. The floor creaked slightly as Blaine walked, going into the small room where Finn was and seeing him looking at the old suit from a solider that was donated from someone that fought in the Vietnam War. 

"Hey, Blaine!" Finn said excitedly, setting his flashlight down and pulling out the Vietnam flag that was beneath the uniform. "Check this out!" Finn got the entire flag out and held it with one hand while using the other and grabbing his flashlight.

"Woah!" Blaine said, shining his flashlight on the flag. The red, yellow, and green colors on the flag made the light reflect off of the material strangely. "Didn't the lady say that this thing had some Vietnamese's blood on it still?"

"Yeah, I think so." Finn said, examining the material with his friend. "Hey, maybe that dead guy's ghost is here or something."

The two laughed and continued to look at the flag, stopping their movement when they heard the floor creak behind them. Fear filled their bodies as their breath hitched,  Finn starting to slightly shake.

"The house is old, remember?" Blaine chuckles nervously, looking at his friend with worry in his eyes. "It's probably nothing. L-let's just keep looking."

The two continued examining old armor and weapons until Finn decided to shine his flashlight in Blaine's eye as a joke, where he saw a man standing behind his friend. Finn's eyes widened as Blaine took no notice to the man behind him, and Finn started to tremble as horror filled his veins. The man was tall and was dressed like an old soldier, his face grimy and blood stained-which matched his clothes and dough-boy helmet. Various rips were in his uniform, and he had a look of pure anger on his face.

"B-Blaine!" Finn yelled, causing Blaine to look up from the flag that Finn was holding. Finn raised a shaky hand to point at the soldier behind Blaine, and Blaine quickly turned around. Blaine screamed as the man stared at him, one of the soldier's cold hands going around Blaine's neck. Blaine started gasping for air as he was lifted off the ground, the man using his free hand and reaching into his breast pocket, taking out a knife and swiping it across Blaine's throat.

Finn screamed as his friend's blood splattered against the walls, along with some on Finn's face and clothes-miraculously none had gotten on the material Finn was grasping in his hand. The soldier dropped Blaine's body to the ground with a loud thud and took a step towards Finn. Finn started hyperventilating and dropped the flag and his flashlight, turning around and running out of the house through the backdoor in the kitchen.

The man watched as Finn ran out and scowled at the silhouette of Finn through the windows, turning back at looking at the boy he just killed. Lifeless eyes stared back at him as he examined the body, the man just keeping the angry expression on his face. The knife that he had used to murder Blaine was still clutched in his hand, and he wiped it on his uniform before putting it back in his breast pocket. The man scowled and flashed away, the only thing being left in the Cavalry room being Blaine's body.