Chapter 31: Itchy

When Evelyn woke up, she was in her bedroom.

Not the one in the bunker, but the one from her house in El Reno.

She quickly sat up and looked around, everything is exactly how she last left it: Her bookshelf was still in the far right corner of her room, layered with comics and Funko figures from her favorite television shows and movies. Film posters were hanging on the walls, her laptop still sitting on the desk and charging, her school backpack was by the door, and the hole in the wall she had made years ago by trying to stick a nail in it was still right above her TV.

Evelyn closed her eyes and took a moment to think. The last thing she remembered was being outside and talking to Crowley on the phone. Had she gone back inside after that? Evelyn's gut slightly twisted, her intuition knowing that something was wrong; that today wasn't going to be a normal day.

Evelyn opened her eyes and looked around, seeing her room hadn't changed. She slid out of bed, planting her feet on the soft carpet of her bedroom and walked to the door, opening it, and heading into the hallway to the kitchen. She peeked around the frame of the kitchen, seeing Dean with his back to the sink, leaning against the counter and tapping away on his phone.

"Dean?" Evelyn asked cautiously, taking a slow step into the kitchen. Dean looked up from his phone and smiled at Evelyn.

"Mornin', kiddo." Dean chirped, his expression falling slightly as he saw that Evelyn was staring at him strangely. "What's up? You seem tense."

"Nothing." Evelyn said, looking Dean up and down. He was wearing dark blue jeans, his everyday brown boots, a light gray undershirt, and his dark red flannel over it. He looked the same, but he was different-this wasn't Evelyn's Dean. "Where's Sam?"

Dean chuckled. "Him and Jess are on their way here." Evelyn raised an eyebrow. Who was Jess?

Dean looked at Evelyn with slight disappointment. "Don't tell me you forgot, Ev." Evelyn was quiet and still stared at Dean in confusion. "Family's comin' down today, remember? Sam, Jess, and Mary are coming from Kansas, Cas is coming from-"

"I get where they're coming from." Evelyn said, cutting Dean off. "But why are they coming?"

Dean laughed slightly at Evelyn and ran a hand across his forehead. "You're almost as forgetful as your mom." Dean said. Evelyn's heart skipped a beat. Was her mom here? Images suddenly flashed through Evelyn's mind of Lottie and her eating dinner in this very place before she spoke with Crowley outside on the phone and she felt sick. "They're coming for a little get together, remember? We went over this yesterday. Everyone is gonna be here for lunch and a few are staying the night, then-"

"I get that." Evelyn repeated, cutting Dean off. Maybe she just needed to play along to get the answers she wanted. "What about John? Is he coming?" Evelyn wanted to make sure she knew the facts about the world she was in before she started jumping to conclusions. It was something she had learned from Dean; she 'always needed to know what you're getting into before you get too deep.'

Dean stared at his daughter in confusion. "Grandpa? He died years ago, Ev, from a stroke. Man, you really are forgetful today."

Evelyn frowned slightly. So John was still dead in this universe. She couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not. "Where's Mom?" Evelyn asked.

"Someone call?" Lottie chirped as she walked into the kitchen, clad in an oversized gray shirt and black sweatpants. Evelyn stared at her mother as she walked around the bar and over to Dean's side, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and placing a kiss on his cheek. Evelyn felt her brow furrow as she stared at her mother and father, wedding rings on their left ring fingers not going unnoticed.