Chapter 7:

"Wake up!" Callie yelled as she shook me forcefully.

My eyes flew open, my heart pounded. It felt as if I was holding my breath underwater for too long.

"Brooke!" Melanie yelled.

"Why are you crying?" Kylie asked as she sat me up.

"I don't know.. I.." My voice trailed off as my thoughts consumed me.

"Did you have a bad dream or what...?" Callie asked, a concerned look on her face.

"I don't know. It seemed so real. I don't.." I stuttered.

I looked at my phone and scrolled through the recent messages an calls. He didn't call. His last text was a good night text. Other than that, nothing.

"I need to go to the washroom. I'll be back. Don't worry about me, I fine." I smiled as I stood up and grabbed my phone.

I pressed Tony's number in my contacts and waited as it rang. I walked into the washroom an locked the door.

"Hello?" Tony said, his voice sounding raspy.

"Did I wake you?" I sniffled.

"Are you okay, Brooke?" His voice suddenly sounded more comforting and concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, instantly feeling more comforted and secure.

"Just because you're fine doesn't mean you're happy." He said softly. "What's wrong?"

"It's stupid. I just had a dream and I don't know. I'm sorry I woke you up." I whispered as I wiped the remaining tears off my cheeks.

"No, it's okay. Sleep can wait. What's wrong?"

"I just had a dream you broke up with me and left me for that waitress and I don't know. It's stupid, I told you, but it seemed so real and it hurt so much." I said, feeling the lump in my throat develop.

"Listen to me Brooke. I'd never break up with you for someone else. You're all I care about, really. And with my parents stressing an my moms wedding, you're the only thing that keeps me sane. Why would I leave you?" He comforted.

"Thanks Tony." I replied, "you can go back to sleep. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? I don't mind staying up for a few more minutes."

"It's okay. I just needed something to calm me down." I whispered.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Thank you." I continued.