Chapter 13:

The rustling coming from the bushes in front of my house made me regret even trying to see what it was. I peered through a crack in between the curtains to see a wobbly boy struggling through my front yard.

"Brooke!" Evan slurred as he made his way to the window I was looking out of.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pushing the curtains aside and opening the window.

"Oh... You know... Just..." His voice trailed off as he caught sight of the TV.

"Evan." I snapped, waving my hand in front of his face.

"Sorry. Can... Let me come in....." His voice sounded as if he was asking a question, but he voiced it as if it was a statement.

"My dad is home, and my mom will be home any minute." I stated, "I can't have a drunk guy in my living room."

"I! I am not! Definitely no! Nope, nope." I shook his head side to side before looking at me, "I am nope not drunk. I have never... Never! Had alcoholic beverages in my entiiiiiiiiire life."

"Dude, you're wasted." I shook my head in amusement. "Why are you here?"

"I... Tony called me? He told me to come over? So I did and we partied and his mom got really..... There is a bug on the TV."

"Continue."

"She got kinda of sort of a little bit of mad of," he chuckled, "of."

"I ran... Like really super fast.. Like a super hero or something." He chuckled.

"Here...come into my house before the neighbors ask why you're talking to me through a window... Just please... Don't throw up."

"I have rights to throw up! I can throw up! I'll throw up anything... Like paper clips or paper.. I'll throw it up into the air like a party." He said as I walked towards the door and unlocked it.

He stumbled in, quickly making his way onto the couch.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"I just... I just want to sleep." He whispered as he got comfy.

I shook my head and smiled at him as he snuggled into a ball and fell asleep.

I turned off the TV and all of the lights before walking into my room.

If Evan was drinking, Tony probably was too. I've never seen Tony drunk, nor do I ever want to. It worries me if he got in trouble. Maybe his mom got super pissed off, that's why Evan left. Maybe Tony is wasted right now. Maybe he's sitting in his room texting a bunch of girls lovely things because he's drunk? He doesn't know better.

My thoughts were all jumbled in my head. I couldn't focus on one worry until another one came along and bumped that original one out of place.

The end result of all this is that I have a drunk teenage boy that isn't my boyfriend, in my living room. My boyfriend is probably sitting in his room texting girls. I'm in my room crying over everything that happened today. And finally, my life feels like a hole that gets deeper and deeper as the day goes on.

I decided to sleep everything off, in hopes that the thoughts would disappear and everything that just happened would all be a dream.

--

The next morning seemed to come too quickly. I was awake by 8:30 due to the sound of snores coming from the living room, combined with some coming from my parents room.

Sighing, I got up from my bed and looked at myself in the mirror.

My head pounded, and my eyes were red and puffy. It was quite evident that I spent my night crying.

I sat in my in my desk, in attempt to mask the eye bags and redness on my face.

After applying foundation and concealer, I finished off with a few swipes of mascara.

I eventually found myself staring out my window into Tonys. His room was still dark, he was probably still asleep. He doesn't like waking up early because he feels like he has nothing to do with his day. He always wakes up around 11 or 12, just because he's hungry.

"So... Um.." Evan whispered as he knocked on my door, "I think I'll go... Um..."

"No. Come here. Tell me something." I whispered back as I leaned back in my chair.

"Did Tony tell you?" He sighed.

"He didn't tell me the details, but he did tell me it had to do with you." I replied simply.

He made his way to my bed, closing the door behind him. It totally violated my parents' rule about boys in my room, but it's not like they knew he was here.

"I can't tell you." He said as he sat on my bed.

"Why? Is he cheating on me?" I asked, scared to hear the answer.

TONY'S POV

My eyes opened abruptly. I glance at my flashing phone, signifying that it was only 9:30.

I groaned as I turned my body to face my plain white wall.

Of course she was the first thing on my mind.

I wonder if she wants to go on a walk with me. Maybe I should ask her? Maybe she doesn't want to. Is she even awake? She should be, I can hear her talking.

I sat up and peered out my window to see Brooke sitting in her desk chair, leaning back towards her bed. She wasn't alone though. There was someone else.

She looked serious. Her lips were pouted as they always were when she was confused or she didn't get her way. She opened her mouth and said something before closing it once again and walking towards her bed.

The guy also stood up, towering over her like I do.

He brought her into a tight hug as looked at her and smiled. She smiled back, looking at him and let go as he walked over to the window and closed the curtains.

Evan.