Chapter 31:

Nick sat on the ground, with his legs crossed and his arms supporting most of his weight as he placed them behind him.

"So I was wondering how you liked the gift?" He said calmly as he pointed to my desk.

I didn't bother moving the bear and card from their original position because it made my desk look less harsh. It added a cute touch that I definitely liked.

"It was cute. Thank you for that, by the way." I smiled, "It made me smile."

"That's what I was going for," he said calmly.

"So what are you doing here anyway?" I asked.

"I was gonna ask you if you wanted to hang out with me..." He chuckled.

"We'll have to take a rain check on that," I laughed referring to my ankle.

"Of course," he smiled, "but that's a yes?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed.

He smiled then look at me with soft eyes.

"You do know I.. I have a boyfriend." I stated, my face suddenly looking stern.

"Yeah." He nodded, "I just wanna be friends. You seem like a cool girl, Brooke."

I smiled. At least I got that out of the way. And somehow, it made me feel secure about our blossoming friendship. Also, my mom wouldn't be able I say anything about it because he knew that I was in a relationship.

He didn't seem like the type to urge on a relationship. He also didn't seem like the type of person to fall in love in the span of a few days. Then again, I didn't really know him at all.

All in all, he seemed like a nice guy with nice thoughts. He didn't seem as if he wanted to date me or ruin my relationship. I guess I really liked that.

And I don't want to come off as over absorbed, but it seemed as if every time a guy just 'wanted to be friends' with me, he ended up trying to hit on me. It was a struggle sometimes. But, Nick gave me a well deserved break from all that.

"Did you get another phone?"

"Nah, I don't think that really matters. I'm not leaving this house any time soon." I laughed.

He smiled.

"You don't have to pretend that I'm funny," I laughed.

"I'm not. Your humor just makes me... I just get it I guess." 

"Well, now that you said that, I guess you'll be hearing more trying humor."

He smiled again.

TONYS POV

I really didn't know where I was going, and I didn't even know why I was going. I was bound to get lost.

For some reason, I was pushing myself to find her, or at least find any sign of civilization.

I guess it was stupid that I was ultimately driving into my own little doom. I had no insight at all, and I didn't even tell her. I mean, how could I? She didn't have a phone. 

My thoughts clouded my head as pulled into the gas station parking lot.

BROOKES POV

After Nick left, I ended up staying in my room. Where else could I go?

My mom came in a few times, offering to give me more and more food. I denied the food, as I was stuffed to the max.

I ended up reading a few of my old books that I had on my nightstand. I began reading one of my favorites, The Hunger Games. 

I had the exact same reactions as I did when I read it the first time. 

-

I woke up the next morning with my book on my face, and my blanket kicked off. I guess I ended up falling asleep as I read it. 

The house phone was ringing loudly, yet I couldn't pull myself up to grab it and answer it. 

It stopped suddenly, then a few moments later, my mom came in with a cheesy smile.

"What?" I asked as I put the book back onto my night stand.

"You started reading that again?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I had nothing better to do." I smiled, "But what?"

"Tony called, and he said he's coming! I can't believe he drove all the way here for you! He had to stay over night at a gas station in his car." 

"He's here?! When is he gonna come?!"

"I had to tell him our address and a few directions, but he said he was at the gas station.. You know, the one near our house." She said.

"Actually?!" I exclaimed. 

"He should be here soon." She winked.

It was evident that my mom loved him, both as my boyfriend and as a person. 

Tony came almost 5 minutes after my mom told me about him coming. He came in like himself, all smiling and happy. He was wearing his black jeans and a white v neck that was slightly wrinkled. His hair was messy, which probably matched his attire. 

"So why'd you decide to show up?" I asked with a smile.

"I guess I just... I just missed you." He stated as he carefully sat on the edge of my bed. "How is your ankle?"

"I think it's better now. It's not as swollen, I guess. But when I've stood up, I've ended up limping." I laughed.

"That's good. At least it's getting better. We better hope it gets better before my moms wedding." He stated.

"I actually can't believe you drove 2 hours, and slept in a parking lot just to see me. It sound ridiculous, Tony." I smiled.

He shrugged and scooted more into my bed, beside me. 

"I'm sorry that we can't hang out or anything. I mean, hang out as in go around this place. I wish I could show you around." I sighed.

"No, it's okay. I need to sleep anyway. Do you mind if I sleep here for a bit?" He said shyly.

"Go ahead. I think sleeping in a parking lot wasn't exactly luxury." I smiled.

He pulled the blanket off of the floor and placed it onto my bed. He tucked me in before getting into the blanket and laying down. Soon enough, my room was filled with his quiet snores.

I ended up continuing to read my book.

After what seemed like half an hour, Tony turned on the bed, and face towards me, pulling me close to him. He let out a sigh, then smiled.

"What are you reading?" He asked, his voice raspy and dry.

"The Hunger Games." I said calmly.

"I;ve never read it before, whats it about?" 

"You should read it, so you can find out. It's a really great story. I really love it." I whispered, keeping my eyes on my book.

"Read it out loud." He whispered.

"You want me to read it to you? You can't read it yourself?" I joked.

"Just read it." He said softly as he sat up.

Tony rested his back on my wall as he pushed the blanket off of him. I layed close to him, with the book in my hand. 

As I began reading, he let out hums and and nodded ever so often just so I'd know he was actually listening.

After reading about 5 chapters, I closed the book and sat up.

"Is it done?" He snapped.

"No, but aren't you getting bored of just sitting here?" I asked.

"No, no. Kepp reading. It calms me down." He stated as he closed his eyes, "And your voice is really calming. You read as if you've read the book for the first time. So interested and into it. I like that.

-----

Just a quick update! I'll probably update once again! Enjoy.