Chapter 16:

I slowly placed my phone back onto my desk and stared blankly at the wall.

I didn't know how to feel, nor did I feel anything. I just sat there, emotionless.

It felt as if I was sitting there for minutes, but after I checked my phone, I realized I had been sitting there for half an hour.

My thoughts began to fill my head once again. The silence in my room was killing me.

I wanted to stop the silence. I wanted to talk to someone. Not just anyone. I wanted to talk to Tony.

I want to run to his house and get him to hug me and tell me everything is going to be okay. But I know it's not. I know that he'll probably not want to see me because I was being stupid and not talking to him at all.

It's all my fault for this whole thing. If I trusted him and believed what he said about the situation, I wouldn't have this problem. We wouldn't have this problem.

I quickly removed the rest of my makeup off my face. The makeup removing wipe was cold and almost dry, considering I was just holding it for about half a hour.

I put on a pair of leggings, then rummaged through my closet to find a top.

The only thing that actually caught my interest was a maroon hoodie with a school mascot on it.

It was Tonys.

I grabbed the hoodie and slipped it on.

Maybe if I wear his sweater, it'd feel like he was hugging me.

"I need to walk." I whispered to myself as I grabbed my house key.

TONYS POV

She didn't text back.

I guess that means that we're over. Then again, there's probably a reason why she didn't reply. I don't want to jump to conclusions and ruin everything.

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I don't know how I feel, and that never happens. Then again, I'm a dude.

It then occurred to me that I hadn't eaten dinner. Nor did I eat lunch.

I sat up in my bed and slipped on a pair of jeans. I grabbed a random shirt from my clothing filled floor and put it on.

"I need to get food," I whispered as I grabbed my car keys.

BROOKE'S POV

I walked down the same pathway that I did all the time. Although it was dark and late, the town was relatively safe.

The cars sped past me as I slowed my pace, stepping to the beat of my music.

Surprisingly, I was calm and content. At this point, nothing was bugging me.

I got onto the main sidewalk and continued my way.

The cafe is usually easy to find. Just go straight, turn left, straight, right, straight.

Finally, I arrived at the cafe. I took a seat, far away from the entrance and main window.

It was relatively full. But, not too full. It seemed to be catering to older couples and university students at this time of night.

I turned off my music, took out my earphones, then stuffed my phone into the sweater pocket.

Predictable cafe music filled my ears. The smell of coffee and cookies made my stomach growl.

TONYS POV

I drove into the small shop area by my house. I was hungry. Very hungry.

I had different choices, stop by at target, eat at Taco Bell, or go to the small cafe.

I was slowly leaning towards the cafe, but I snapped myself out of it and ended up getting tacos.

After ordering and receiving my food, I sat at a table by the window and watched as raindrops slowly started falling from the sky.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Brooke's number.

I don't know why I did, but I did.

Although I probably shouldn't have, I really wanted to hear her again. She was probably at home sleeping or something.

It gave a few rings before the ringing finally halted.

I instantly regretted calling once I hear the sound of a familiar, soft voice.

"Hello?" Brooke said softly.

BROOKE'S POV

"I want a cookie, but I don't want coffee." I said to the waitress.

"If you get a cookie, it'll be more expensive. If you want it to be cheaper, I suggest getting a coffee too." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't want a coffee though. I'm fine with paying more. Just get me my cookie." I replied.

"Why don't you give your coffee to your boyfr-"

"Just get me a cookie." I said.

She nodded her head and walked back behind the counter.

My phone began vibrating in my pocket. I grabbed with and answered it before even looking at who it was.

"Hello?" I said rather softly.

-----

I hope you enjoyed!

I write on my phone, so please excuse the numerous spelling errors and stuff! I'll be sure to fix them once I get onto my laptop.

I hope you enjoyed don't forget to vote share and maybe follow me? thank you (((((:?