Chapter 12:

I felt a lump in my throat develop as I looked into my moms dark brown eyes. They looked so full of emotion.

"How long did you know that we're moving?" I asked quietly, still standing in the exact same spot.

"We planned on moving when you were on your trip to Disney. We were gonna tell you... But when you got home you were so happy to be living next to Tony." She replied.

"Okay, and when were you planning to tell me?"

"I was just... I don't know."

"So you were just gonna move out one night and not tell me because you don't want to crush my spirits?"

"Brooke, I know this is a lot. But we're moving near Disney. It's only a few hours of a drive to come back and see your friends.. Everything."

"So the party you went to, it was a good bye party for you? When are we leaving this place?" I said sternly.

"We're hoping for next month." She replied with sympathy in her voice. "It's okay to be angry at your dad and I. I understand how you feel. I know it'll be hard to move to a whole new place. But you'll meet people."

"That's not the point!" I screamed.

My mom stood and stared at me with wide eyes before opening her mouth to speak.

"I'm going to be out with my girlfriends and your dad is over at Tonys. Go ahead and invite him over. Let him stay the night." She suggested.

"I don't want him to! I don't want to move! I don't want to meet new people. I want to stay here! I want to live in this house! Why are we moving! It's such a great place here!" I yelled, the lump in my throat feeling more evident.

"I'm sorry."

"Is this some kind of joke? Why are you still here? Go out with your girlfriends! You told them before you told your own daughter, right? They must mean way more to you than I do." I screamed as I ran upstairs and slammed my door shut.

I guess all the anger and sadness that was built up from Tony, was put out to my mom. She deserved it though. Who did she think she was? Assuming that it wasn't a big deal? Not telling me? Did she think I'd be overjoyed to leave the place I grew up in?

My warm tears rolled down my cheeks as I laid in bed and hid under the blanket.

TONY'S POV

I sat in my room watching re runs of Drake and Josh. Although it would always make it laugh, it didn't seem to have that effect on me. It just made me think of Brooke and how she'd laugh at all the small things. She'd never see me steal glances at her. But her smile and the way she looked when she laughed made me smile more than any stupid TV show ever would.

As I turned off my TV, I heard a familiar voice coming from downstairs.

Brooke's dad.

Maybe she was with him? I wonder why he's even here. Not like I'm not a fan of him, it's just that he usually stays home and stays in their basement fixing the TV or building some new furniture.

I glanced out my window to see Brooke's light turned off, but a small light illuminating the dark. I wonder when she opened her window?

I stared at my phone. I'm trying not to talk to her, yet I'm reading over our old texts.

I need guy time.

BROOKE'S POV

I laid on my bed using my phone. I tried to build up the guts to text tony, but that obviously didn't happen.

There I was, laying on my bed wondering if the night would be different if I didn't eavesdrop and if I didn't find out about Callie and Evan.

I don't know if my mom left yet. She probably did. She probably said bye, but I was too busy sobbing over my stressful day than paying attention to everything around me.

I looked at my clock and 12:38 shone across the digital screen.

I know for sure that my dad was home because I heard his slurring words and his nonsense talk about football games. He was probably fast asleep.

I walked quietly around my dead silence kitchen, grabbed a tub of Ben and Jerry's and sat in my living room watching TV.

Whenever I'm sad, I always end up sitting on my couch and eating.

Slurring words quickly filled my living room, coming from outside. I closed the windows, instantly silencing the house.

There was a single knock on my window, startling me. Rolling me eyes, I ignored it.

It happened again, and again. Over and over until I moved the curtains aside to see where the slurring and knocking was coming from.

--

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please vote!