Chapter 21:

That hit 230+ reads quite quickly! Thanks for reading! 250+ reads for the next chapter! Thanks for reading and DONT FORGET TO VOTE OKAY.

PS, I didn't edit this. I'll go through it soon.

-----

I pulled on a pair of sweat pants and at shirt before pulling my hair up into a pony tail.

My room seemed cold. Colder than usual, that is. I closed my window and tied my curtains before heading downstairs.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked as she sipped her tea.

"I'm going to Tony's," I replied as I slipped on my shoes, "I won't be gone long, but you don't have to wait for me."

I walked out of my house, closing the door behind me.

The cold air hit me in the face, causing me to instantly gain goosebumps. The wind caused me to jump a little due to it's bone shivering temperature.

I made my way to Tony's house. Although it would be a good idea to go straight into his yard, I decided against it. I'd much rather be in the warmth of his house.

I pushed the doorbell, sniffling all the dripping snot coming out of my red nose.

"Good morning!" Joan greeted as she pulled me into a hug.

"Hi. How was planning?" I asked as I walked into the house.

"Great. I'm hoping that they dropped off the furniture... Like the tables and chairs..." She sighed as she closed the door.

I sat at the kitchen table across from the seat that Joan was presumably sitting at. I would assume she did because there was a half full cup of coffee, still steaming.

"Its pretty cold out there." I sniffled.

"You're sick, aren't you? Brooke, you need rest! Was it Tonys idea to get you to come here?! I swear... That boy..."

"No, it was a mutual thing. I just have a cold." I shrugged.

She smiled at me before drinking her coffee. "I think I hear Tony coming down. I think that's my que to leave.."

She picked up her coffee and went up the stairs, passing Tony on her way up.

"So were just gonna talk in here?" He asked as he walked down the stairs.

His hair was in a weird style. It wasn't fixed up like it usually was, but it wasn't extremely messy. It looked like a careless style, but I strangely liked it. He was wearing his blue pajama pants and white vneck shirt.

I nodded my head. "It's too cold out there."

"It's been a year." He smiled as he hugged me from behind.

"It's too early for this... I don't have anything romantic to say..." I whispered.

"It's okay." He said, kissing my cheek.

I wiggled out of his hug.

"I'm sick, don't."

"I don't care." He shrugged as he sat across from me. "I don't have anything planned for today."

"It's okay. I kinda don't want to do anything. I just wanna rest. Maybe we can go next week? That'll give you time to plan, and it'll give me time to get over this cold." I explained.

He smiled, "I'm cool with that."

"Okay." I smiled.

"I can't believe it's been a year... Just think... Last year we were in Disneyland!"

"Yeah. Time flies."

"I think you should go home and rest," he smiled. "Get better."

"I guess I should. Don't hesitate to come over. Just text me first or something... So I don't end up sleeping." I explained as I rubbed my eyes.

"Sounds good." He beamed.

--

I slumped down in the couch as I watched Toddlers and Tiaras.

My parents had left to attend a going away party. I was left home alone.

My friends all seemed to have made plans, and ended up telling me last minute. Then again, I probably wouldn't go considering the health I was in.

Callie still hasn't called me back. If she did, i would probably end up ignoring it. But, both of us did have faults.

My doorbell rang, causing me to snap out of my almost asleep state. I groaned as I walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hi." Tony beamed.

"Hi?" I replied as I stared at him.

He held 2 bags full of unidentifiable items.

"So why are you here?" I asked as he walked in. "You gonna get sick."

"Oh, I thought we could spend our one year together, even if you are sick." He quickly ran up the stairs.

I followed behind him.

He was extremely cheeky and hyper. He was definitely on a sugar rush, or he was just extremely happy.

"I got a few things." He smiled as he poured out the contents of the bags.

Pizza Pringles and jalapeño cheddar chips fell out of the bag. There was also a small container of Ben and Jerry's and some doughnuts and cookies. He placed the container of pink cupcakes on my lap.

"Just because you're sick doesn't mean we can't spend some quality time together. Think of this as our little celebration." He explained.

"How much was all this?" I asked, both amazed and shocked.

"Not a lot, really." He shrugged.

He grabbed the second bag, which appeared to be a take out bag from a fast food place.

"These are just snacks. I don't think you've had a proper meal yet." He said as he pulled out a burger and some fries. "Not exactly healthy, but it is a meal."

I smiled at his frustration as he rummaged through the bag for a straw. "They didn't give me one." He whispered. "I wasn't sure if I should've gotten you-"

I placed the cupcakes on the table before pulling him into a tight hug.

He seemed surprised at first, but then hugged me back.

"Thank you." I coughed.

--

We both sat on the couch. I was wrapped in my spongebob blanket, laying my head on Tonys lap while he sat up straight.

After watching numerous episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras, I felt my eye lids get heavy.

"I'm tired." I whispered.

"Sleep." Tony said softly.

I ended up falling asleep at the part when Honey Boo Boo was talking about her nuggets.

TONYS POV

Brooke fell asleep on my lap. We watched numerous hours of toddlers and tiaras. I didn't pay attention to the show, I payed more attention to the laughing Brooke.

My phone vibrated, Evans name flashing across the screen. I contemplated on whether to answer it or not, but I ended up ignoring it.

I didn't want anything to ruin my day. It's been too great to be ruined by a stupid phone call from an equally stupid person.