Chapter 10:

"So you know?" I asked as I fiddled my fingers.

"Yes." She whispered as she looked at the ground.

"Well, I'm sorry." I sighed as I stared at the ground.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I didn't feel the need to tell you."

"You'd rather have me find out myself? Do you know how it feels to have someone rip your heart out like that?" Her sadness quickly turned into anger. "You have the nerve to talk to Evan, or whoever it was about it? While I'm in your house?"

"I didn't think it's be such a big deal."

"What do you mean, not a big deal? You do realize that I basically wasted almost a year with you? And you just go off and be with some other girl? I can't believe you." She yelled.

"I'm so-" I stopped mid sentence, "me with some other girl? You're kidding right?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding?" She said seriously.

"I don't understand what you're saying. Can I come inside rather than standing out here?"

"No, you stand out there. You think you can lie about having another girl? I heard you!" She yelled.

"I don't know what you're saying!" I exclaimed.

"Yes you do!"

"I have no idea, really!" I retaliated.

"Just tell me the truth!"

Her eyes suddenly got wide as she stared behind me.

"Oh, Tony! You want to help me get these?" Her mom asked.

BROOKE'S POV

Tony turned around to look at me once more before walking to my mom and grabbing the Walmart bags.

The nerve of him. Why does he think he can cover up cheating while I heard him talk about it? I heard him.

"Lets talk about this later." He whispered as he came in.

"No. Go home." I grunted.

He shrugged.

"Mind putting those back for me, honey? You can ask Tony for help. I have a party for one of my co workers and I have to be there in a few." She hollered from her car.

I nodded my head and smiled. She smiled back, got into her car and drove away, waving to me.

I slammed the door shut and looked at Tony who was unpacking the groceries and putting them in place. He's been to my house too many times to know where everything goes.

"I can do that myself. Please go." I sighed.

"I'm not cheating on you, if that's what you think." He said, not looking at me.

"I heard your conversation on the phone!" I raised my voice.

"Do you know what it was about? All you heard was what I said. Not what Evan said." He snapped, his voice still calm.

"Tony! I can tell! There's another girl, blah blah! What else would it be about? I don't know?! Cheating!" I yelled.

"It wasn't!" He yelled back.

Although he was yelling, his voice still sounded calm.

"Then what was it about?!"

I made my way closer to him so I could see his face. Although it seemed like it was by force, he still looked at me.

His eyes were calm, soft and forgiving. But his jaw seemed locked, as if he was biting down hard.

"What was it about?" I repeated.

"I.." He said quietly.

"What?" I snapped.

"It's about Evan and Callie okay? I told you, there. Are you happy? Finally got the answer you wanted."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"Because you should trust me. If you didn't realize, I'm your boyfriend. Boyfriend." He said angrily.

His eyes seemed to slowly lose their happiness. He looked hurt and angry.

I stood quietly, staring into his eyes.

"You're supposed to trust me. We've been together for almost a year and you still don't trust me?"

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

He walked towards the door and looked directly at me.

"No, I'm sorry you 'wasted almost a year with me'."

And with that, he slammed the door closed.