|7| lets begin

"197, 198, 199!" Yells West from the training room. The door stays ajar as the mutts train again.
When West told me I was going to be tortured for information about where my children are yesterday, I've just have been waiting for the torment to come. I've decided, obviously, to never tell him where they are. I'll die without telling him if I have to. Which I will have to.

"200!" West yells finally ending the exercise. It's about time. I want more sleep. With them training every other hour, it's been hard to get sleep. And it's just my first night. I'm guessing the mutts don't have to sleep because I've never heard them skip a training. Trust me, I was woken up every training session.

It must be 6:00. At this time, Willow would be up. She would be running around and waking up Peeta. I can only guess that Peeta is safely home and trying to find an excuse for my absents. The kids are probably wondering where I am. Why I'm not home to hold them. Willow must be wondering how our investigation went and why I'm not home to tell her about it with daddy. Rye is probably curious to why I'm not there to comfort him in his unrestful nights. Why daddy is the only one doing it. Rye seems to be the one with the nightmares. That's the majority of the purpose as to why he wakes up crying most the time. And I know how it feels. Sometimes I wish I could take the nightmares away from him and take them on myself. I don't want him growing up to have as much nightmares as I did. And I especially don't want him growing up without a parent. I grew up without my dad. He and Willow shouldn't grow up without their mom. But if it means for the betterment of Panem and them, then I'm all for dying.

I'm not going to lie, I'm scared. Torture by the Capitol is bad. But torture from a Capitol thaumaturge who threatened the districts to give me to him, is even worse. And on top of that I have to provide him the location of my children. And if I don't the mutts will start to kill district citizens.

I've always been the person to make up my mind, and no one could change my decision. Usually. But now, whatever decision I make leads to something bad. Leads to death. I can't make a decision without hurting someone.

West exits the training room and I watch. His two guards follow. Will and Kennedy. Will is shorter than Kennedy, but has the same black hair .

"Decided to tell us where your kids are yet Katniss? Or maybe even Peeta?" He asks turning toward me and walking fast. Today must be the day for torture.

Goosebumps cascade my arms.

I back up and sit on the table. His presents makes me nervous. Like I can't escape him. Like he's in charge of me. But I can't think like that if I want to survive. I have to be confident.

"I didn't think you cared about Peeta. He was here once, why do you want him again?" I ask growing uneasy about the mention of him.

"Well, whatever will make you talk. I know that Peeta won't tell us any information because of his last visit. At first we wanted to know what your weaknesses were. He wouldn't tell us though. Nothing we did could make him tell us. We even tried making him watch some other lady, commit suicide. He wouldn't break. So we gave up. Instead, we decided to give you a weakness. Him. That why we made him a weapon against you. Something you don't want to kill but have to. But apparently that didn't work entirely." He states nonchalant, reaching the door of my cell.
"But anyways, I think that you will break easier than him. So if we get him, he can be your weakness again. We can torture him to make you talk. I have a feeling you won't hold in information very long." He smirks.

"Why would I tell you where he is if that's your plan?" I ask.

"It's just a suggestion. You don't have to say. The kids are what I'm worried about. They may have your rebellious genes. And we can't have anyone who can cause a rebellion like yours, around." West motions for the guards to unlock the door. I stand without hesitation and wait for the door to swing open. Maybe I can run. But I doubt I'll get far.