| Epilogue |

It's a warm evening as Willow, Rye, Peeta, and I sit under the Willow tree beside the primroses he and Gale just planted there. Peeta's bruise on his head is going away and all my wounds are healed. The only things left are the healing scars which will only give me more of a reason to remember the two horrific rebellions we have been through.

It's been two months since the second rebellion, but a lot of things have happened. Johanna and Asher moved across the meadow from us, perfectly fine, because she felt insecure about her other house, knowing that West knew where it was, and Haymitch and Effie have grown even closer. I heard they went on their first date in district two last week. Speaking of district two, Gale, Jena, and their son moved back to their home perfectly fine and healed. Adam kissed Willow before he left, and she nearly fainted.
Pollux is a full time pilot and Annie and Finn traveled back to district 4 a week ago.
Selena moved back to the Capitol. She cried everyday before she wished us a goodbye and was flown back to the Capitol where her Capitol Alliance friends are. I feel bad about her and Oden. I think that if he made it, they would of gotten a chance to be together and would of had a beautiful family together. After all, Selena is great with kids.

The Capitol thrives with over one-hundred CA members and the remaining mutt people. The mutts slowly transformed back to their human selves within an hours timespan, and each and every known one gladly joined our side and continued hating West just as they did before. A few were even on the Capitol Alliance before being transformed. I have a feeling that they are going to multiply fast and soon repopulate the ever growing Capitol.

West was buried in the mansion graveyard that Selena said was littered with white roses to block the smell of death. It's also where Snow was buried, as was Celestia, and even Will.
So far Kennedy's body hasn't been found, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Something tells me that if they found every other mutt except Kennedy, something is up. Dead or alive, the Capitol alliance found them all. It makes me wonder if Kennedy is really dead. Maybe that's what has me hesitant about
saying that we are finally safe.

The Capitol set up a news cast for themselves and every evening at 6:00 they give us an update on their survival and restructure, if you want to watch it. Peeta and I watched everyone the first month, but now we only watch every now and then. We're planning on keeping a closer eye on the Capitol now. At least until we find a suitable president.

"Meow, meow!" Willow giggles as she plays with two of her many kitten toys while we sit under the Willow tree watching the sunset.

"Me-owe" rye laughs as he mimics Willow's cat noises.
Two of the big things that happened after the second rebellion, is that Willow and Rye have both had their birthdays. Willow turned 3 a month ago, and Rye turned 1 four days ago.

"Daddy and mommy?" Willow asks making her one tabby cat climb the tree trunk.

"Yes sweetie?" Peeta answers who has Rye sitting in his lap. The sun is just beginning to fall behind the meadow horizon.

"I wanna cat." She says out of the blue. She has asked for one before, but all we've ever said was that we would think about it.

"I don't know darling? A cat is a lot of work." I tell her.

"What about aunt Prim?" She asks.
"She had a cat. Where is her kitty?"

I almost tell her that her cat is dead, but then I think about it. Is Buttercup really dead? He was 7 years old the last time I saw him so he could still be living if he survived the bombing and stuff.
I trade a look with Peeta before answering.