|26| unanswered questions

The flight seemed everlasting compared to the last time. There is a crib in the back of the hover that Pollux set up for Rye, but since there are actually two babies, the boys sleep in it together. Willow takes a nap in the passenger seat next to Pollux, and seems to enjoy it.
Somehow Selena hacked the screens back in the districts using some hovercraft technology, and she sent an audio message to the districts informing them about what had happened at the Capitol. She told them about West and the tortures. About me, my family, and Johanna forced to tell information and how we were going to get killed inhumanly after two weeks.

By the time Selena cut off the audio message and it was sent out to all the screens in the districts, she had explained everything to the citizens, even about the Capitol Alliance and how they carry golden mockingjay coins.

"You ok?" I hear Peeta ask from behind me.

I look down not wanting him to see the concern in my eyes. I can't get the thought of the angry Capitol citizens out of my head. If they are really as mad as West is at me, that means we have to get rid of them too. What are we going to do?

"Katniss?" He asks again and steps in to stand beside me. I continue to look down.

"I'm fine. I'm just thinking." I answer.

"About what?" He asks. I hear the worry in his voice.

"Umm.." I start but don't know how to finish. If we are going to talk about what to do with the Capitol citizens, I only want to talk about it once. Especially if the answer is killing them, which the more I think of it, seems like the only logical answer.
"Just the Capitol." I say. He sighs.

"Speaking of, I hope that the Capitol alliance eliminated West. If not, we could be in trouble. Possibly even trouble worse than the games." He says. I look up to him and meet his gaze, knowing that what he said is true. West is a nightmare, and if he lives, the Capitol Alliance, us, and everyone in the districts is in danger.

"Thanks for the pep talk." I answer cracking a smile that's filled with anything but happiness.
He returns the smile but I can tell he feels the same way as me.

"I guess all we can do is wait and see if they succeeded or not." I say. Then the conversation is over and we are left staring into each other's eyes.

A snore sounds and I realize Johanna had fallen asleep in one of the chairs. I laugh a little.

Peeta stays locked with my gaze for awhile. We just look at each other. Then without hesitation I lean forward and our lips connect. It brings all my worries away in an instant. I can tell it does the same to him.

Atleast the districts know what's happening. Maybe they can come up with a more humane way to deal with the Capitol citizens. The fact is, I really, really, really, don't want to start another rebellion. But that might have to happen if we can't figure out how to deal with the Capitol citizens.

As the sun begins to set, Pollux parks the hover in the back of our house this time instead of under the Willow tree, and when the hover door unlocks we don't hesitate to get out. I hold Willow while Peeta carries Rye. Johanna has her baby in her arms as well, with Pollux and Selena following behind her and locking up the hovercraft.

"It feels good to get fresh air." Johanna says taking a big breath. I agree. Being in the torture gym was anything but comfy.