|15| illision syrup (part 2)

West eagerly chooses Peeta to go next. The same process goes down except that Peeta didn't yell when he got the shot in his arm.

When he finally gets escorted back to his cell, I can see the fake visions flood his eyes by the way he flinches and sits still like Willow did.

Willow has stopped screaming and scratching at her skin. She has blood on her legs, arms, and neck, but the good news is that the visions seem to have died down. Now, she is lying on the table, awake but unmoving. I've given up trying to reach her from through the bars. I think she would like it better if I wasn't in her view to remind her of the bugs.

"K-Katniss." I hear Peeta say in a barely audible voice from his cell. The voices of workers drown him out. The nurser is still in Ryes cell cooing him. He is calmed but she is still holding him. She watches Peeta with a sorrowful expression.

"Peeta! It's ok! They aren't real!" I yell, knowing what's coming next.

He screams.
"Bees! T-tracker Jackers!!" He yells. I watch helplessly as he whacks himself to kill fake bees on his skin.

"No, Peeta! Stop, they're fake!!" I shout. But he doesn't listen. He crumbles on the floor swatting at the air, and screaming in pain when one of the imaginary bees stings him.

West watches in pleasure.
"And now, for you mommy Katniss!" He barracks.

I don't put up a fight when I'm dragged from my cell by the unwilling worker and brought into the glass box in front of our cells. I know that doesn't matter what I do, I'll get the punishment.

When the worker straps me to the bed, West happily takes the syringe and injects it into my arm. The surprisingly warm liquid enters my system with absolutely nothing to stop it.

"Enjoy!" He chuckles. The worker assists me back to my cell and locks the door.
I plop down on the floor like Willow and Rue did.

My vision gets blurry as I sit there. I can hear Peeta still yelling at the tracker Jackers, and I catch a smudgy glance at Willow still laying on her table, dormant.

I stare at the ground trying not to fall over from dizziness.
Then I see something. No, someone. No, people. Tributes. I see tributes.

Slowly I stand trying not to startle them. There has to be 4, and they stand in a circle around me, aiming their weapons. Quickly, through my blurred vision, I notice that they all have loaded bows.

"No! Stop!" I yell at them. But they are unmoving. Automatically I reach to my back to draw an arrow from my sheath, but realize I am weapon-less. They must of unarmed me while I wasn't paying attention.
My surroundings change. I see forest around me instead of my cell. Trees shuffle in the wind and the golden cornucopia sits intact a few yards away. Focusing my attention back to one of the four tributes around me, I slowly surrender putting my hands up. I have to win these hunger games and save Peeta. Then get home to my sister Patty. No, Hazel. My sister Hazel. I think that's her name.

Then, suddenly the one in front of me, I can't tell if it's a boy or girl because my sight is so blurred, lets their arrow fly. I scream and flinch as the arrow buries its self in my chest. Pain explodes at the place of contact, and I fall over while the world spins around me. I can barely tell which way is up and which is down. I yell in pain.

The tributes snicker, but death doesn't come. Another one of them takes a step closer to me, and leans over to look at my wound. It looks like the person has 3 heads, but I realize he doesn't when the three heads blur together creating just one body.

The person smiles. Then he draws his bow and I yell, but I can't hear myself shout because my hearing gives out.

He lets the arrow fly and it lands just below my neck above my chest. I scream in pain and see the red liquid poor from the wound. I thrash my head and try to get a grip on what's happening. Why aren't I dying? Why can't I stand and fight?

I-I'm in the.... 168th hunger games.

My c-cat? Cat died.

I dropped my.. Uhh, I'm 16, no, 20, actually 13 years old.

I have a best friend named Gabby. He... Hunts with me. My name is Katie.

As I shut my eyes and try to ward off the nauseous feeling so I can fight back, I see the other two tributes lean over top of me and shoot their bows. I scream in so, so, much pain.

Then, I completely close my eyes. I'm covered in blood from the arrows and in extraordinary pain. The funny thing is, I don't remember much from these Hunger games.

Then, I fall unconscious.