The mall.

900 reads! YAY!

DISCLAIMER: I OWN THIS STORY'S PLOT AND CHARACTERS.

He came out of nowhere and became my shield.

I heard a cracking sound as the foot of the horse came in contact with David's back and he whimpered in pain.

He commanded "down boy!" in a very authoritative voice.

That's when I realized that this horse belonged to David, because the minute he said the command, the horse obeyed and went to the farthest corner.

After a few seconds of staying in that position, he got up and held out a hand for me.

I took it and said while getting up panic-stricken, "Are you okay? Oh my God! I thought I heard a cracki-"

"Yes, we heal fast." I felt so bad. No matter if he healed fast, I was the reason that caused him pain even if it was only for a few seconds. Nowadays I seemed to be hurting everyone around me. I was about to cry.

I said "I'm so so-sorry!"

"What are you apologizing for? It's not your fault. Are you okay?"

"Of course I am! Thank you so much."

He glared at Lindsay. I noticed his lips moving but no voice was coming out. I knew he was saying something but too low for me to hear.

While climbing over to the other side of the fence and helped by David I Interrupted saying "you know I'm still standing here and it's very frustrating when two people are talking and I can't hear them."

"I was just saying that it was careless of Lindsay to leave you here alone with sly, she knows how he is! I'm surprised he even let you touch him. He's never done that with anyone but me." he said in an amazed voice. He continued, "He's a good horse, I admire and love him but that's not the point." His tone darkened. "There's no excuse for what he did. I must kill him. He threatened your life."

"What are you saying?" I asked surprised. Why does he want to kill something which he loved just because of such a stupid thing! For God sake! He's just an animal! What do you expect? I voiced my thoughts "He's just an animal! For God sake! What do you expect? You're going to do nothing like that! You don't want him? Fine ill keep him! But your not gonna kill him! How can you just throw away something you love just like that! Are you that heartless?" I was shocked at my outburst and regretted it the moment it came out of my mouth. I was mad at him not because of him but because of what my parents did.

I put my hand on my mouth. "I didn't mean-"

He raised a hand to stop me "It's good to know what you really think about for a change." He seemed hurt and then before I could decipher exactly what he felt he disappeared.

"WOW" was what I heard Lindsay say.

I burst into tears.

Lindsay hugged me and I cried even harder,

"Lindsay, I'm such a horrible person! I didn't mean what I said, he didn't deserve this. I'm mad at someone else and I took it all out on him! I'm hopeless! I'm the worst human being ever!"

I cried and cried till Lindsay said, "no you aren't! You've taken everything in better than any of us expected you to, obviously everyone has a time when they break and it's always for the better. As far as David is concerned, I'm sure he understands and didn't mind anything you said."

"How do you know?" I whimpered.

"Because I've spent a lot of time with him. Now, wipe those tears out and let's go get you lunch so that you can go shop with me. While were at it, we can discuss this matter deeply. Though I am sad to say that I heard you talking to sly and saying that you didn't have anyone to talk to, well, I have to say I'm a little offended."