Chapter 34

🌈Layla's pov🌈
I walked into the house dreading what would happen tonight. Right as I closed the door the yelling started. I could hear her in the kitchen, yelling my name angrily, making me wince. I snuck up stairs as quiet as possible and into my small room.
I closed my door silently and sighed a breath of relief, I was safe. I got out my text books and note book so I could work on math, which I absolutely hate, and finished the last two questions that I hadn't been able too at school.
I am exhausted! I grabbed my phone, which was sadly, only a four, and my earbuds and turned on one of my favourite songs "stronger" by Kelly Clarkson.

// trigger warning; abuse//

I didn't notice the loud stomping up the stairs until it was to late to do anything about it.
My foster mother stumbled in, obviously drunk, holding a bottle of rum.
"YOU LITTLE SHIT! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! YOU THINK I LIKE MAKING FOOD FOR YOU EVERY NIGHT WHEN YOU END UP NOT COMING HOME! YOU'RE SUCH AN INSUFFERABLE, UNGRATEFUL CHILD!" She yelled angrily. I knew not to answer, it always made her angrier, no matter what my answer was.
"YOU GONNA ANSWER ME BITCH? NOT GONNA EH?" This time she started slurring and wobbled over to with menacing eyes.
I yelped as she grabbed me by my hair and threw me off my bed and onto the ground. She kicked me in the gut, making me double over in pain, yet I've had worse.

"Get up!" She yelled. I slowly got to my feet in indescribable pain
"Do you have anything to say?" I shook my head knowing it wasn't safe to even breath deeply
"Really eh, that wasn't smart girl," she said and slapped me across the cheek. I winced but didn't fall, that is until she grabbed my shoulders and ran me into the wall. I heard a sickening crack when my head smacked the wall and I felt warm blood trickle down the side of my face. My vision started to dance as she kept kicking me.

"Ugly,"
"Ungrateful,"
"Insufferable,"
"Worthless,"
"Stupid,"
"Alone,"
She kept torturing me, physically and verbally until she had enough. She stumbled out of the room closing the door behind her.
I could hardly see, and as I tried to stand I immediately got a wave of dizziness and fell over beside my bed.
I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time until I passed out so I grabbed my phone and somehow typed my password to get on. I got dizzy just sitting there and had to steady myself again before texting the only person I trusted, and then slipped unconscious.

Hehehe, hey guys. I'm sorry for the feels and tbh I almost died writing it but, you know. it seemed like a good idea at the time but now I'm not so sure. Oh well, love you guys, don't be silent, comment!

Thea🙃