Chapter 37

💀💀Nico's pov💀💀
To me shadow travel was a rush. Yes it was tiring, but I still loved it as long as I knew I wouldn't melt into the shadows.
Will, well he was the opposite. Shadow travel didn't sit very well with him and as we stepped out onto half blood hill he fell down on to hands and knees trying to hold onto his dinner.
I know I should've comforted him but we had bigger problems on our hands. We were half way up the hill, meaning it shouldn't be that hard to get past the border, but blocking us was a massive griffin trying to pass borders.
"Will," I said slowly and cautiously "slowly, slowly get up," I turned to Cody and Layla who looked terrified, "no sudden movements,"
I slid out my sword, "Will, hide them, get them out of sight,"

They snuck off to the side and I went the other coming around to the front of the griffin. I saw Clarisse, Percy Annabeth, Jason, piper and a couple other campers right by the border trying their best to keep it out.
I walked right underneath it and took a big breath of fresh air before slicing the Griffins stomach, golden blood drenching me head to toes.
Gross
It stumbled around, surprised and I blindly kept slicing.

I was about to step out of the way but was kicked by the griffin and went flying across the hill.
The griffin stumbled over to me, almost dead, angry, probably wanting to eat me alive.
I was too shocked to move, so I just laid there wondering how I could get out of this. My sword was gone, I had no energy to shadow travel or raise any skeletons.
Then out of no where Will came charging at the griffin with my sword and sliced through its neck, making it explode in a cloud of gold dust.

I sat up slowly, despite the pain.
Will came over and helped me up and brought me over to the top of the hill and pass the border line to where everyone was standing. And I mean everyone. All the cabins were there, nymphs, satyrs, Chiron and even mr.D.

"So what brought you two back this time?" Chiron asked "I'm guessing it has to do with these two" he gestured to Cody and Layla.
"Uh, yes, this is Cody my brother, and Layla, daughter of iris," Will said.
Layla still looked freaked out and confused. I felt bad, so I went over to Cody
"Do you want to tell Layla what's going on, I think it would be better if you did it," I whispered and he nodded. He took Layla by the arm and started to tell her about everything

I then walked over to Will who was telling Chiron that we figured out that Cody was his biological brother.
I stopped beside him, exhausted, seeing that the sun was coming up and it was 6:30 in the morning. He noticed me and put his arm around me.

I think I fell asleep because when I woke up I was in my cabin with Will holding on to my waist and snoring softly. I laughed quietly and checked the time.
It read 8:15 pm.
We had to get home. I shook Will and woke him up.
I changed out of my gross clothes, showered and when I got out Will was up and ready. He was literally glowing.
"Let's go!" He exclaimed happily
I smirked and grabbed his hand pulling him to the corner. I look of realization crossed over his features
"No not like this-"
And We melted into the shadows

Hi, I finally finished the chapter!!! Comment!

Thea👍🏻