The Long Drive (13) Home {Part Two}

Home (13) {Part Two}

We were leaving the house, walking down the street to where the impala was parked. Sam was in Dean's ear.

     "You hear that?" said Sam frantically, "A figure on fire!"

     "And that woman, Jenny, that was the woman in your dreams?" Dean asked. He looked stressed out.

     "Yeah. And you hear what she was talking about? Scratching, flickering lights, both signs of a malevolent spirit."

     "Yeah, well, I'm just freaked out that your weirdo visions are comin' true." said Dean. My jaw dropped in anger.

     "Weirdo visions? Excuse you, asshole, Sam's vision could save lives!" I said angrily.

     Dean rolled his eyes and faced me. "I am SO not in the mood to deal with your inhuman, freaky Curtanis shit, Ros."

     "I AM SICK OF YOU UNDERMINING ME." I yelled. I was beyond irritated with the way he looked down on me. I'd more than proved myself to him. "I HAVE USED MY 'FREAKY INHUMAN SHIT' AND SAVED YOUR ASS HOW MANY TIMES NOW?"

     "Will you two just chill for a minute?!" Sam groaned, stepping inbetween us. "Forget about the visions. The thing in the house, do you think it's the thing that killed Mom and Jessica?"

     I fell quiet and slowed down my pace. Sam turned to look at me, a question in his gaze. It never occurred to me that Dean might not tell Sam about the night he threatened to kill me. The night I confessed I knew what killed Mary Winchester, and it was certainly no spirit.

     "Sam, a spirit didn't kill your mom." I murmured.

     "What?" He asked, looking to Dean incredulously, "Did you know about this?"

     Dean stared at Sam's face. "Roslyn told me when we were in Ohio. I never brought it up."

     "You never thought to mention you knew the thing that killed mom after HOW long we've searched?" Sam sounded beyond pissed.

     "I thought I was protecting you. Maybe you weren't ready to know yet." said Dean. I shifted. Would Sam threaten me now, just as his brother had?

     Sam brushed him off, desperately turning to me, "Did the same thing kill Jess?"

     "I don't know." I couldn't even bare to look at him. "I'm not even supposed to know that a demon killed your mom..."

     Sam looked flustered. He ran a hand through his hair. "Regardless, those people are in danger. We have to get 'em out of that house."

     Dean nodded, "And we will."

     "No, I mean now." Sam demanded.

     "And how you gonna do that, huh? You got a story that she's gonna believe?"

     "Then what are we supposed to do?"

*

After heated arguing in the car about our next move, we arrived at a gas station where Dean stopped to fill up. The gas station had few people there. The white paint on the building was dirty and peeling, and the smell of petrol was thick in the air.

     "We just gotta chill out, that's all." Dean was saying, "You know, if this was any other kind of job, what would we do?"

     Sam gave a heavy sigh, "We'd try to figure out what we were dealin' with. We'd dig into the history of the house."