The Long Drive (14) Home {Part Three}

Home (14) {Part Three}

When we got to the Winchester House, Sam knocked on the door while Dean, Missouri, and I waitied behind him.

     A few seconds later the door opened to reveal an upset Jenny holding Richie. "Sam, Dean, Roslyn. What are you doing here?"

     "Hey, Jenny. This is our friend, Missouri." Sam introduced, gesturing to the woman standing beside me.

     "If it's not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the old house." Dean coaxed, "You know, for old time's sake."

     "You know, this isn't a good time. I'm kind of busy." Jenny tried to shut the door, but Dean reached out stop her.

     "Listen, Jenny, it's important." Missouri smacked Dean in the back of the head with her purse. "Ow!"

     "Give the poor girl a break, can't you see she's upset?" She scolded him before turning to Jenny, "Forgive this boy, he means well, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but hear me out."

     Dean wheeled around to look at her, both offended and stunned. Missouri didn't like me, but it didn't stop her from making me laugh at Dean's expense.

     "About what?" Jenny asked.

     "About this house." I answered for Missouri.

     "What are you talking about?" Jenny asked, shifting Richie's position in her arms.

     "I think you know what I'm talking about." I said, "You think there's something in this house, just as much as we do."

     "Who are you?"

     Missouri once again took over as the speaker, "We're people who can help, who can stop this thing. But you're gonna have to trust us, just a little."

     Jenny looked unsure, but moments later she'd let us in. I followed behind Missouri straight to Sari's room.

     "If there's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it." She said to no one in particular.

     I felt uneasy and my stomach churned unsettlingly, but it wasn't nearly as bad in this room as it was outside of it.

     "Why?" Sam asked, looking around curiously.

     "This used to be your nursery, Sam. This is where it all happened." Missouri said softly.

     Sam glanced at the ceiling. Missouri circled around the room, and I sat down on the bed, closing my eyes and breathing deeply. After five full seconds I heard the beeping of Dean's EMF meter.

     "That an EMF?" I heard Missouri ask, so I looked up.

     "Yeah."

     She rolled her eyes, "Amateur."

     I smiled faintly as Dean glared at her. At least someone other than me was giving him hell. Maybe he'd appreciate me more once we left here. Dean nudged Sam and showed him that the EMF was beeping frantically.

     "I don't know if you boys should be disappointed or relieved, but this ain't the thing that took your mom." Missouri said finally.

     "We already know that. Roslyn told us." Sam said. Missouri gave me a suspicious look.

     "Why are they here?" asked Dean.

     Missouri walked over to the closet and opened the doors, "They're here because of what happened to your family. You see, all those years ago, real evil came to you. It walked this house. That kind of evil leaves wounds. And sometimes, wounds get infected."