Chapter Ten

Clint POV

My wrist was raw, bleeding by the time I managed to break the cuff. Thank God. I stood up painfully and limped for the door. I tugged the door open and peered out. The hallway was empty to my surprise. I pulled the door open completely and stepped out. Which way had it been?

Left. I turned and limped along the wall, using it to keep me upright. My heart pounded in my ears in time with my steps. The palms of my hands were sweating, shaking from the pain. I could make it, right? I was about to pass out.

Peering around the corner, I felt relief flood me at the sight of the door. Twenty steps. Twenty steps and I could get home to Natasha.

I started forward but froze when I heard someone behind me. I glanced over my shoulder. Winter was leaning against the wall, looking amused.

"Took you a long time," he grinned.

It was a disturbing grin, all teeth and no emotion. I swallowed and glanced at the gun he held loosely by his side. I kept my eyes on him instead of moving towards the door. I had a strong feeling that I would be dead before I made it three steps. His eyes never left me.

"You did get out the fastest though. That's including me by the way. You should be proud."

The grin widened when I had to shift my weight so that my knee wouldn't buckle. Winter pushed casually off the wall and started towards me. I repressed a shudder and kept still.

"You aren't running. Color me impressed. Most do."

"Well, you aren't all that intimidating."

I smirked and he chuckled.

"We both know that's a lie."

We were close enough that I could feel his breath on my face. I kept staring.

"I'm not going to beg you to let me go, if that's what you're waiting for."

"Didn't expect you to."

"What do you expect me to do?" I asked.

"Run."

"Like I would get far."

He grinned again and I swallowed.

"You wouldn't," he agreed.

I punched him as hard as I could. His head snapped around. He raised an eyebrow when he turned back around. I shrugged. His hand met my jaw and I hit the wall. Yep, definitely going to pass out. He lashed a kick into my ribs, lifting me up off the ground momentarily. I felt the breath leave my lungs and I stared at the ceiling. Hands lifted me up and threw me into the wall again.

"Get up."

I couldn't breathe. Everything started getting dimmer.

"Get up!"

I pushed myself up, dazed. Winter grabbed my upper arm and began dragging me away from the door. I tried to get out of his grip but I was too dizzy. I had been so close. Now I was probably never going to remember Natasha. I passed out trying to recall everything about the woman I loved.