Chapter Fifteen

Natasha POV

Once Coulson was gone I peeked out the blinds again. The hair on the back of my neck rose slightly when I felt someone watching me again. I let the blind drop quickly and backed away. That had to be Clint. My knees felt weak. I grabbed one of Clint's old hoodies and my car keys. I pulled the hoodie on and grabbed my phone off the couch as I heard for the door.

"Jarvis, don't tell Coulson I've left."

I took the stairs down to the lobby and took a calming breath before stepping outside. There was a moment where I couldn't feel anyone watching me but it was soon back as I hailed a cab. Definitely Clint. I scanned the rooftops but couldn't spot him.

"Hey! Where to," the driver snapped.

"Westchester," I said and gave him the address as I continued looking.

I stared out the window, trying to spot Clint. About halfway there I pulled out my phone. I fought down guilt as I dialed Coulson's number. He answered on the last ring.

"Hello?"

He sounded half asleep. I glanced at the clock. It was much later than I thought.

"Hello?" Coulson asked, sounding more awake now.

"It's Natasha."

"Are you alright?"

"Thought you should know that I'm not at Stark's anymore."

"What!" Coulson practically yelled.

"Turn around and come back, now!"

"No."

"I would've thought if someone had been following you, you'd stay at Stark's!"

I hung up as he continued yelling. The driver pulled into the driveway of the safe house Clint and I shared. I paid him quickly and tried not to look back at a car going down the street. I slipped inside after unlocking the door. I took a breath and locked it back. Using my phone as a flashlight, I made sure all the blinds were closed and sat down near the front door to wait.

Five minutes later someone unlocked the door. My heart thudded unevenly in my ears as I rolled noiselessly to my feet.