Chapter Eleven

Tony POV

"See the problem is, you can't remember seeing anyone take Clint, and all the security footage was lost when the building exploded."

"I'm trying," Natasha snapped.

"I know you are! What did you see! Tell me everything!" I snapped back. 

This was infuriating. Natasha glared and threw a pencil at me. I batted it away and glared.

"You guys, take a break!" Steve yelled.

"Why don't you do something useful, Captain, and shut up," I snapped.

"Really Stark?"

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Wait! the cameras across the street, they should be good right?" Bruce asked.

"Already tried, too much smoke or they just were blown up as well."

"Then what the hell are we even doing! Getting my hopes up that he may be alive, just to get at a dead end every way we turn! He's probably dead now anyways! IT"S BEEN NEARLY TWO MONTHS!" Natasha yelled, storming out.

I sighed and took a sip of my cold coffee. Steve glared at me for a minute before following Natasha.

"C'mon, there's gotta be something," I muttered to myself, scrolling through the list of cameras that had been working again.

"Tony, get some sleep," Bruce said.

"No. I'm fine. I mean, it's.. there's got to be something Bruce!"

Bruce sighed.

"You know, sometimes I worry that you're become too obsessed with things. Take a break."

Bruce unplugged my computer and I glared. He was right. I ran a hand across my face and stood up. I followed him into the kitchen for whatever meal we were supposed to be having. Natasha wasn't there. I sighed again and grabbed a plate of pasta to take to Clint's room. Like I thought, she was sitting on his bed, talking on the phone.

I set the pasta beside her and sat down on Clint's couch. Natasha glanced at the food and pulled it into her lap. She suddenly froze, food halfway to her mouth. I frowned and leaned forward, trying to hear what was being said on the phone.

"What?" I asked.

Natasha glanced at me and held up a finger.

"But-"

She glared and I rolled my eyes. For that I got some pasta in my hair. I picked it out with a scowl and waited until Natasha hung up.

"Any reason you threw pasta at me."

"Napier's dead."

"Okay, I thought we all agreed he was a son of bitch."

"Shut up Tony! Let me finish!"

I bit back a retort and she took a deep breath.

"It was an arrow. Tony, Coulson said it was an arrow. He was killed in a crowded place, by an arrow. Right between the eyes."