Chapter Thirteen

Clint POV

"Barton, report," a voice said in my ear. 

I blinked and looked at the dead body below being swarmed by a crowd of people. I stepped back so I would be out of the line of sight and blinked again. I shouldn't have killed him, should I?

"Barton," the voice snapped.

"Target's dead."

"Head back. I have another assignment for you."

"Yes, sir."

Ramirez. I knew a Ramirez didn't I? And SHIELD... didn't I work for them at one point? My head began pounding and I swayed where I stood. Best not think about it. I had a long flight back to Russia. New York seemed really familiar. I had been here before, I think. But I couldn't have. I've lived in Russia my entire life. This was my first time in the States. So why did everything seem so familiar?

The plane ride was boring. I looked out the window the entire time, enjoying how high up I was. I smiled slightly to myself and waited to be home. Once the plane landed I was picked up by the Winter Soldier. We didn't talk. 

I was allowed an hour to sleep before going to get my next assignment. I stretched out on my bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

"Wait here, I'll draw them away. When I do, run. I'll be right after you."

"Clint-"

"Nat-"

"Barton, get up!"

I sat up and followed Winter tossed a file at me. I caught it and flicked it open. There was a black and white photo of a woman and some basic information. Natasha Romanoff. My head throbbed and I scratched absently at my arm as I studied the picture. It looked like it had been cut. There was an arm around her but whoever the man had been was cut out. New York. Great, back to the States. She aparently lives in Stark Tower. 

"You're not to get close to her, she's dangerous."

I nodded absently and grabbed my bow case and headed for the door.