Chapter Nineteen

Tony POV

Steve was grating on my last nerve. Between his talking about finding Barton and criticizing everything I did, I was about to blow. It's not like I could do anything that shield wasn't. What more did he expect from me?

"Stark-"

"Shut up Steve," I snapped without turning around.

"Tony."

Oh it was Natasha. I looked back over my shoulder and nearly dropped my glass of coke. Clint was standing next to her in handcuffs.

"Steve! Found him!" I yelled.

"Tony! Shut up," Natasha hissed, pulling Clint over.

I tilted my head at her and motioned for her to explain. She cast a wary glance around the room and looked at Clint for a second before looking back at me.

"Long story short, it's the Loki incident but with the red room, and lasting effects."

"Pardon?" I asked.

"She thinks I'm brainwashed," Clint said flatly.

"There's no think to it. I know-"

"No you don't."

"Yes-"

"Nope."

"Shut-"

"Up, you've said that," Clint finished flatly.

"Cute," I said as I looked Clint over.

He looked the same to me. Natasha let go of Clint handcuffed wrists and started to pull me aside.

"I can walk myself," I said lowly.

She let go and we came to a stop.

"Can you, I don't know, fix him?" She asked.

"You want me to fix him?"

"Yeah."

"Natasha-"

"Will you at least try?"

I sighed but nodded.

"Just, try to jog his memory first before I start poking around in his head."

"Thank you," Natasha whispered and hugged me tightly.

"You're welcome," I replied and hugged back before kissing the top of her head.

Clint was watching us. I gave him a grin and his eyes narrowed. The cuffs sat on the table and he rubbed his wrists absently.

"Natasha, does he remember anything at all?"

"No. He said he knew how many people there were who kidnapped him because he saw it in a dream."

"That's crazy," I muttered.

"If you're going to mutter, I suggest you do it quietly," Clint said.

"God, he sounds different," I said turning back to Natasha.

"I know."

"Yeah."

I bounced awkwardly on the balls of my feet.

"Okay, well, it's nice that you're alive Clint, but this is extremely awkward, so you guys can leave."

Natasha rolled her eyes and Clint's narrowed. She led him out and I picked the handcuffs up and threw them across the room.

Great another impossible goal. That's fan-fucking-tas-tic.