Chapter 3: The Legend of Teare

Morrigan moved through the small town, taking in how run down and abandoned it seemed even though many people lived there, along with Commander Fearghus and Con. Some very brave people agreed to live in the Trost District to help rebuild, despite the fact that only a large boulder stood in the way between them and possibly hundreds of Titans. This is where Morrigan and the Scouting Legion would be staying, making due with the circumstances that were given to them. Everyone was provided an adequate living space to be shared, depending on the size of room and house. Of course, the officials in the Capital offered to house the higher ranking officers inside Wall Sina, saying that they didn't have to live like scum as well. That idea would have never crossed the minds of the Commanders and Captains, because it went against their ideals and the trust they had built with their squads. However, it seemed that Commander Fearghus and Commander Con were adamant about getting Morrigan to stay in Wall Sina, even though she was part of the special operations group of the Scout Legion.

"Morrigan, you need to go there. If you die here, your father will be heart-broken." Con said, cornering her against a sturdy pillar.

"Who cares about him." She said, pushing one of his arms away so she could walk back to the building she was sharing with a couple other medics.

"Con is right, Morrigan. You are his only daughter, you need to be more careful." Fearghus said, trying to catch up with her fast walking pace. For being the shortest girl in their town, only 5 foot tall (1.52 m), she was incredibly fast when in came to walking. Her strides were short but quick, often causing people to re-adjust to her unexpected stride.

"Morrigan, please will you just listen to us!" Con yelled, as she turned a corner, bumping into Erwin and Levi, who were walking with Varney and Powell.

"Hey Morrigan! You two aren't already having a marital spat are you? Seems kind of soon for that." Varney joked, wagging his finger in front of her face.

"Not now Varney." She said, pushing him aside and tried to walk away, until Powell grabbed her arm.

"Morrigan, these men want to speak to you. Something about an expedition next week." Powell's voice has soft, knowing very well that she would be angry by Varney comments and whatever the two Commanders were talking about with her.

"That's not my problem." She said, whipping her arm out of the hold.

"Morrigan, don't take your anger out on the kid." Fearghus said. "What's with you? This isn't like you at all."

"Why is everyone treating like I'm a piece of glass all of a sudden? And Varney, leave your marriage comments to yourself."

"How did you..." Varney began, wondering how she knew he was going to comment on how Con has the right to act that way.

"Morrigan, you are very much part of the expedition talk because you are the medic to go into the field." Powell said, trying to get everyone back on topic.

"And we could use your skill on this one. Especially if you went with Levi's squad." Erwin said, trying to get her interested into the conversation

"That is still none of my business. I only go on expeditions that the Commander tells me to. So like I said before, it's all up to him." With that she bowed and walked away.

When she was out of ear-shot, Varney turned around and said, "So, husband-to-be, what did you do now?"

"Varney!" Powell yelled. "Mor is right, you should just drop it."

"So, you and that girl are to be married? Unfortunate timing but I give you my congratulations." Erwin said, looking to the Commander he had not met yet. "I am Erwin Smith, Commander of the Scouting Regiment." He stuck out his hand for the unknown soldier.