Chapter 5: Wall Rose

Morrigan was up before sunrise, standing in front of a mirror trying to figure out how she was going to hide her neck. She did have a scarf with her but it was barely cold enough, even though there was a fresh blanket of snow on the ground. She could wear a higher collared shirt but it wouldn't cover the entire bruise. Makeup could work but it wouldn't get rid of it entirely. Running her fingers through her hair she sighed knowing that the only thing she could do was wear the scarf. The off white scarf nicely hid the evidence from the incident from the night before. I can't believe he went that far.

Walking out of the room just as her roommate was waking up, Morrigan made her way to the mess hall inside Wall Rose, where she would meet with the officers to talk about the training they would be doing today. She walked in finding that Erwin and Levi were already there, pulling up her scarf a little more when she made eye contact with Levi. She knew very well that it was him in the shadows the night before, causing her to worry that he would say something.

"Good morning," Erwin said as Morrigan took a seat across from them, "did you sleep well?"

"I'll admit, our arrangements aren't as comfortable as our own beds but they work perfectly fine." She said, looking around to see no one else in the mess hall yet. "Rather quiet, isn't it?"

"I guess the training session yesterday really tired out everyone. When I was on the way down here, even Hanji was just getting out of bed." Erwin laughed.

"Maybe we shouldn't go as hard on them today?" Morrigan thought out loud.

"Just because the brats are tired doesn't mean you should just go easy on them" Levi's monotone voice said. "It will help them prepare for the long expeditions." Morrigan noticed a curious expression on his face after he finished speaking. She gave him a similar look and when she was about to ask about it he said, "What's with the scarf? It's not that cold out."

Damn, what am I going to say? "Umm, I guess the sudden snow fall cut me off guard. My body must of just thought that it was colder than it really was."

"Levi, when were you to question someones wardrobe?" Erwin said, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Maybe you should just stick to your job Erwin, and let me worry about other things." Levi said, almost as if he was embarrassed by Erwin's question.

"Well, if that's how you feel we can start talking about the training for today." Erwin slyly smiled, turning back to Morrigan and began discussing the details.

Morrigan was hanging in a tree, watching green coats whiz by. The exercise they were doing was to prepare them to be caught off guard by using some of the Titans that Hanji has captured. Morrigan watched as no one noticed the large 10 metre class Titan tied down below her cause her to sigh. This was the third time every group had missed it causing her to worry about how prepared they actually were for the expedition coming up in a few days. She shot a red flare in the opposite direction, indicating that not a single group was able to notice her Titan.When she was about to move toward the starting line she heard cheering coming closer to her.

"Morrigan!" A female voice screamed, still getting closer. When Morrigan blinked there was a person standing in front of her, with shitty glasses and too happy of an expression. "We are to keep your Titan here."

"Okay, your Hanji right?"

"Oh, I guess we haven't fully introduced ourselves to one another, but yes you're correct. You are to come with me to talk to Erwin."

"What about the Titan?"

"Some of our experienced soldiers will take care of him. Come on!" With that, Hanji just flew off the Titans head and toward the camp. Morrigan seemed to realize she had no choice in the matter and followed the fanatic. Morrigan had overheard about Hanji's Titan obsession at one of the meals, causing her to worry about what would happen if Hanji found out about her own powers. It took them about ten minutes to reach Erwin, sitting on his horse with Levi at his side.