Chapter 13: Humanity's Future

Morrigan was at the very least shocked when she opened her eyes. She found herself in an underground like cavern, pillars holding up the ceiling made of some type of crystal. There was nothing similar to her about this room, the floor reflecting her image as clearly as any old mirror. She felt the saliva in her mouth beginning to accumulate a little beyond comfort. She tried to swallow, but she realized that there was some type of gag in her mouth, preventing her from swallowing properly and from even trying to talk to the figures around her. She also noticed that there were bindings around her hands and chains were keeping her in a position that it was basically impossible for her to move an inch from the uncomfortable position. She was on her side, looking across the room and noticed some type of platform that had a person chained in a vulnerable position as well. It was hard to make out who it was but Morrigan figured that it could only be Eren. There was a girl standing in the middle of the floor, looking up at Eren and there were two men standing off to the side, arguing about something but Morrigan couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Eren...listen." The girl said. Historia? "My father has always been and will always be an ally to humanity left inside these walls. We have misunderstood him. He may have gotten in the way of the Survey Corps and he may have gotten Reeve's men and Nick killed, but he didn't have a choice. It was for humanities sake!"

"Historia, let me explain the rest." Her father came up to her side, showing a very fatherly expression on his face. What is this guy thinking? It's obvious he doesn't like Eren but would he actually try and kill him? We need Eren's ability to protect the city. If he's gone, what are we going to do? "This is your first time here but it wouldn't be odd if you remembering seeing it."

Historia and her father had made their way up the many stairs to the platform Eren was tied to. Historia's father began to walk directly to Eren, stretching out his hand to grab him. "Aren't you going to explain to Eren?" Historia said, stopping her father from doing something.

"Yes, but there's something I'd like to try. We only need to tough him." Only touch him? What's that supposed to mean? I suppose you could call it an explanation, since he has the memory of what happened somewhere inside him. It could be trigger and that's all that's needed."

Historia and her father placed their hands on his back. His face showed an expression that she has never seen in him before. The young boy always seemed to have such courage whenever a plan was devised and he was put in danger. Fear from realization. He had to have seen something but Morrigan had no way of knowing what it was, but it seemed the other two did.

"So, do you remember your father's sin?" Historia's father questioned. Father's sin? Eren's father? What did he do? Historia's father was about to continue but he looked to his daughter and saw her holding her head, as if she was in pain. "Historia? Are you alright?"

"Why have I forgotten until now? I had big sis with me all this time."

"Did you meet with Frieda?"

"Frieda?"

Morrigan began to zone out because there was an excruciating pain coming from her leg. She tried to move her hands to the injury but it was unsuccessful due to the chains and bindings. "I'm surprised you're just feeling that pain now." A voice said from her side. She repositioned her head and looked over her shoulder, noticing the man that she had met behind the saloon that Levi escaped from. Levi?! I had totally forgotten about his escape! Hopefully he got back to the others. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. According to Lord Reiss you are quite important to the saving of humanity." Morrigan gave him a confused look. "Or maybe you're not even worried about dying. Maybe you are more worried about the Levi kid of yours." Morrigan tried to keep a straight expression and quickly realized how difficult it must be for Levi to do it because she couldn't hold it. "Seems I struck a nerve. Listen, I'll take off the gag. I don't like one-sided conversations, but just promise you won't do anything stupid."