Chapter 19: Two Days

Morrigan and Levi had been in a meeting all day with the new council about the plans to retake Maria along with Erwin and Hange. It seemed that the council had some strong words against Morrigan joining the expedition that was to be held in one months time, saying she hadn't felt what it was like to lose as many soldiers as they have.

"You are mistaken, Councilmen. My people have shed blood both within and outside these walls and for their sake, and the sake of the your comrades, those of us here are prepared to do whatever it takes to make this work." She could actually hear Levi smirking beside her as the meeting was dismissed and the Scouting Legion higher ups moved to a room down the hall, not being surprised when the Head Councilman and Commander Pixis entered the room.

"Well, have you identified the contents of the vials?" Pixis asked, closing the door and walking to the table with a small box on it.

"According to what Eren and Historia said, a component would appear to derive from human spinal fluid." Hange explained. "But it appears that's not all, the fluid vaporizes instantly when exposed to air, making analysis difficult. It's a product of technological sophistication on a entirely different level then ours. If the Reiss Family made it, then how did they manage to do so?"

"In that case," Pixis said, "rather than handling it haphazardly then it seems it should be used as it was intended."

"In which case, who should take it?" Asked the Head Councilman. "Erwin..."

"No, as a soldier I already lack a limb. In this case...it should be entrusted to the strongest soldier with the highest chance of survival." Morrigan saw him glance over to Levi. "Levi, will you take it?"

"If it's a mission, just give the order. Why would you need to ask?" The Corporal said, making Morrigan worrying.

"I don't know which circumstances this was meant to be used. In other words, I leave such judgement to you as well. You will decide who should use it according to the situations. Can I leave that to you as well?"

"If your dream comes true, what will you do?" Levi asked, a rather off the topic question.

"That...I don't know. I won't know until it happens."

"I see. Alright, understood." Morrigan zoned out a little as she watched Levi step forward to close the box and take the box for himself. "Morrigan, are you coming?" He asked, seeing her stare at the empty table top.

"Yeah...." She said, walking out of the room and went with the Lance Corporal to his office, something that started after they had returned from the island off the shore. They walked silently into the clean office with Morrigan making her way over the chair that was directly in front of the large mahogany desk. Levi placed the box he was holding on the edge of the desk and leaned on the desk, crossing his arms as he looked down at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you sure about this?"

"You don't think I should follow orders?"

"That's not what I asked. I asked you if you are sure about the choice you are making about that serum." She commented, nodding her head to the box on the desk. "He gave you a choice not to take it."

"Yes, but that didn't meant I was going to take responsibility of taking the serum. He said I can chose who it will be given to you."

"I know but believe me, I know you better than you think. You're not going to put that responsibility on someone in the military."

"Why are you worrying about me when you have other more important things to worry about?" He asked, tucking a hair that fell in front of her face. "You're over thinking this too much."