Chapter 2: Two Interrogation Styles

"What if that official was right?" Armin said, hoping no one would hear him. Unfortunately, like usual, he said it much louder than he anticipated.

"Do you actually think those people would hold a grudge from that long ago?" Eren asked. "Even though it seemed that official thought we should still consider them as outcasts, they came to our aid. That has to stand for something."

"Eren, have you ever heard what those people did?" Sasha said, worry in her voice.

"Sasha? How would you know such a thing?" Jean asked.

"Mountain people have stories about the Celtics and they aren't exactly the best bedtime stories ever."

"Would you mind providing an example?" Hanji asked, her voice having a lot of curiosity.

"Well, all stories about them tell of people who, even though fair and very beautiful, are extremely uncivilized. However, they were strong, versatile, charismatic and have a lot of stamina and force of will. They regularly participated in raids on defenceless villages, showing no mercy to the weak just to prove their own strength. There is even a story about a tribe further north called the Wendol, which means Eaters of Flesh." Sasha said. She was about to continue but she was interrupted by an angelic voice.

"But the reason we dislike the title barbarian is because it calls us something sub-human." The group turned to the door to find the red head standing there between Erwin and Levi, along with two tall men beside them. "I hate to admit that those stories are very true, but what you fail to mention was that my people were very loyal to people who supported them. They died for many of your ancestors when they assisted on others territory expansion." The girl had taken a seat at the other table in the small room, which could probably fit a couple more people. At one table sat the girl, who wore a saddened expression, Erwin, Levi, Fearghus and Oskar. The table opposite to them sat Hanji, Mike, Eren, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Mikasa and Armin. "I'm sorry, I guess I should formally introduce myself." Standing she said, "My name is Morrigan Teare," She bowed to the table then straightened up adding, "and this is Commander Fearghus and Captain Oskar, two of the officials of our Scouting Legion." The two men stood and bowed as well, taking their seats again after a few seconds.

"We brought them here so we could ask them questions. We thought it better doing it as a large group rather than individually so they didn't have to repeat themselves and we all had the same story for when we are called to the Capital." Erwin said, looking around at the skilled members before him.

"I have so many questions!" Hanji jumped up but was only dragged back by Mike. "Like how did you manage to move so many people across the plains without losing a single casualty? We have never had such a feet done before!" She asked, knowing very well that others had the exact same questions.

"I guess we just had better training than you." Oskar said, sounding rather demeaning.

"I don't think that was the best way to put it." Morrigan reprimanded.

"I think what our captain was trying to say was that we may just train differently. We would be willing to teach you if you wish." Fearghus corrected. "But, it could be our mentality of the situation. We don't really see fighting the Titans as a life or death situation."

"Then what do you see it as?" Armin asked, nervous about what the answer might be.

"Honour and glory." Oskar said, a smirk showing on his face. "You see, our people, as your friend pointed out, are rather rowdy in their actions. We live for fighting and if you die in the battle field, you are seen as a dishonour to your family."

"That's rather harsh, don't you think?" Jean commented.

"When you live as isolated as we do, it seems like a good goal to work towards."