Chapter 14: Evolution

Morrigan looked in awe at the sight of the Rod Reiss Titan form in front of her. Everyone had been pushed back to the wall, Morrigan using it as a support so no one would notice her injury. They were cornered like a whimpering animal with its predator ready to strike. Everyone knew what had to be done for them to survive, but would Eren do it? Would he become a Titan to save everyone but still risk their safety. Debris began flying towards them from all directions, making the urgency for Eren to become a Titan even bigger.

Morrigan was worrying about herself, however, since she had fully lost the feeling in her leg. Her captures had not properly bound the wound and all this work she was doing was not helping. She stumbled to one side causing her to bump into someone beside her as her placed a hand on her thigh, letting out a hiss as well. "What's wrong?" Levi asked, placing a hand on her shoulder and supporting her. "Why are you in using your demon powers?"

Your powers are about to evolve. Those words echoed through Morrigan's mind as she felt the numbness moving into her other leg. "Somethings about to happen."

"Good or bad?"

"I don't know."

"How can you not know!?"

"I'm sorry everyone. I've been useless since the beginning." Eren interrupted. "I wasn't anything like 'The Hope of Human Kind'"

"Are you trying to be the hero of a tragedy?!" Jean yelled, obviously not liking Eren's comment. "Have you really ever handled something with your own power?"

"It's going to be tough getting everyone out of here." Morrigan said, totally avoiding Levi's comments. "It would be hard without having to carry the three of us."

"And that Titan's heat. If we get too close we'll be burned to death."

"Eren, are we just going to sit here and wait to be crushed or burned to death?" Historia stepped in, trying to help convince Eren to turn into a Titan. "Just because we are the enemies of man kind?"

"I'm sorry that it is you every time Eren. Do as you choose." Levi commented, as if he was trying to trigger something in his memory that happened before Morrigan had met them. She gave Levi a confused look and she didn't receive any clarity in his expression. She looked back to Eren and something in his eyes had changed. He grabbed something from beside him and ran towards Rod Reiss, biting something as he got to the edge of the platform he had been chained to. There was a sudden explosion, knocking the already loose boulders from the ceiling and causing them to make their way to the ground. When the flash of light disappeared, it was definitely a sight that no one expected.

There was a type of incredibly hard crystal holding everything in place all originating from Eren's Titan.

"Eren!" Mikasa and Jean immediately went to the nape of the neck, noticing that there was steam coming from it. Connie and Sasha went to the opening that was made, as per Levi's orders, and the rest waited to be told to move out. Levi stayed close to Morrigan, still wanting an answer for his question that was not answered properly. He was getting worried about what had happened when he wasn't around her. Currently, she was shaking as if they were standing in an ice cave but there was no fear in her eyes. It was almost as if she was totally not coherent about what was going on around her.

"Heichou! We've secured an exit!" Sasha yelled.

"Good job!"

Sasha and Historia made their way over to Mikasa, Eren and Jean, but Levi's attention was immediately brought back to Morrigan. Somethings not right. Levi thought as he looked at Morrigan. He decided to try and get her to talk about whatever she was thinking about. He crouched to her level and looked in her eyes, the blood red colour still very present along with the snow white hair. "Morrigan, what's wrong?"