Chapter 10: Experimentation

It took about 20 minutes with the horses for the small group of people to reach the site Hanji had chosen for the experiments to occur. It was deep within the forest, hardly impossible for anyone to possibly see what was happening unless they were a few metres away. It looked like it used to be a site that would have held a great river but now it was stone dry.

"Eren, you go into the ditch." Hanji said politely. To Morrigan, she was confused on how Hanji could call such a large drop a ditch. It looked more like a death sentence if one were to jump down from where they were standing.

Eren didn't argue, he simply nodded and guided his horse down the path to get into the 'ditch' that Hanji had asked him to go into. Four people followed him down as well, having been designated one of the soldiers to fight Eren if he got out of control. Mikasa, Hanji, Morrigan, Levi, Historia and one of Hanji's assistants stayed on the cliff. When everyone seemed to be in position, Hanji yelled "Okay Eren, go ahead!"

Morrigan realized that this would be the first time she had actually seen a human being able to turn into a Titan. It is exhilarating. A beam of light sparked out of no where when Eren bit down on his hand. Then, out of the smoke, Morrigan finally saw him at 15 metres and definitely a lot more intimidating than the other Titans she had seen so far. "Eren, try to crystallize!" Hanji yelled as Morrigan continued to focus on the shifter in front of her. She'll admit, she was confused as to how someone could possibly become like this but then she had remembered something Hanji had said on the way over. Eren's father did this to him, injecting him with some sort of serum, but what parent in their right mind would give their child such a fate?

"Morrigan, you're up." Morrigan looked down and saw that nothing had happened. The first part of the experiment failed. She sighed, definitely sad that Eren was unable to crystallize. Stepping closer to the edge of the cliff, Morrigan took a deep breath, allowing her white hair and red eyes to be visible to Eren. Eren's Titan took a step back, possibly shocked that someone as kind as Morrigan had some sort of darker side to her. She didn't look like the caring girl he had met, rather, instead she looked very malignant. Hanji stepped beside Morrigan, getting a good look at her changed features and her eyes immediately glowing with anticipation. "Levi, this is even better than what you described!" Hanji screeched. Morrigan looked back, only to see a calm expression in a sea of terrified ones. She immediately wiped her head to back to Eren and began showing her 'skills'.

"Siul a run, siuil go sochair ague siuil go ciuin, siuil go doras ague ealaigh lion, is go dye tu mo mhuirnin slan." Morrigan said these words in a singsongy voice, keeping Eren's eyes fixed on hers. Once the last syllable was pronounced, Eren seemed to tense and was totally unaware of what was happening around him. Mikasa was less than impressed with whatever Morrigan had done.

"What did you do to him?" She said, obviously irritated.

"It looks like he is in some sort of trance." Hanji said, walking closer to the edge of the cliff like a small child attracted to shiny objects. Without saying a word, Morrigan lifted her arm and Eren followed suit. She did the same with one of her legs and, again, Eren followed. However, from the look on his face, everyone could tell that he wasn't doing it voluntarily. "You can control them?"

"That's one of the things, yes." Morrigan finally said, letting Eren go of her trance and staying in the form. "But it's not very useful. I can only do one at a time."

"We can figure out a way to work it into a possible strategy." Levi's monotone voice said.

"There's more?" Mikasa said in a worried voice.

Morrigan nodded and turned back to Eren's Titan form. "This is going to hurt." Morrigan said softly, trying to calm him before he might get out of control. He just nodded, a somewhat understanding expression showed on the Titan. Morrigan concentrated hard, staring into Eren's eyes like before, but if you felt both you would feel how different this stare was. It was like she was trying to burying into his very essence. Suddenly Eren let out a roar that could possibly be heard from miles around. Grabbing his head and dropping to his knees, Eren started shaking. Mikasa wasn't going to have anymore of this so she stepped in.