Chapter - 8

"Who was he?"

​​​​​​​
The question echoed in Lia's mind, as she stood beside Edward, with her mouth hung open and eyes wide. The vice grip of her hand loosened on her phone as she gaped at Edward. It was as if her brain had been short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. She desperately wanted to dig the heels of her hands, into her eyes until she saw nothing but sparkles. She wanted to sit down on the ground, but was afraid that she would stumble and fall down, which would leave her in a trembling heap in a forest. Yeah, she was shocked. A few seconds ago, she was the one who wanted to leave Edward, even though he was never there. She wanted him to know that she had moved on. But now that he had heard her conversation with Nicolas, she wanted to erase it from Edward's mind. It was embarrassing for her. Your ex suitor just finds out that you're eloping with someone else. Wouldn't it just be awful?

Edward, on the other side, couldn't tell what he was feeling. Maybe it was sadness or anger. But he had no right to be infuriated because she'd moved on. But sadness for the lost love & jealousy for that Nicolas or Nick increased in his mind. His thoughts were very violent. He wanted to rip that Nick into pieces and just hide any of his memories from her heart. But sadly, he couldn't. God knows why he was jealous of someone who had something he thought he ought to have for himself. The problem and it's causes were right there, before him but were being blatantly ignored by him. He'd never been jealous before he met her. It burns him internally. Silver through his veins and fire on his cold body. It stung. He took a deep breath in an attempt to reign in his temper that was stirring to life.

"Nicolas, my sort-of boyfriend," said Lia casually. She had to fight a gasp, that was escaping from her mouth. She looked into his eyes and was surprised by the unfathomable emotions that were swirling in his eyes. His eyes of liquid gold - were now as black as the sky. Flecks of silver and gold were scattered everywhere, creating a beautiful piece of art in front of herself that she admired through her eyes.

"Sort of?"

"Yeah," said Lia inadvertently. "We've only gone out for a date once, a few days ago. Nothing serious has happened since then."

A surprised look crossed Edward's features as he heard the 'sort of boyfriend' thing. Was it a very casual or a very serious relationship?

"Lia! Who was it?" asked Bella as she walked over to Lia and placed a hand on her arm worriedly.

"Nicolas." Lia answered shortly and Bella's eyes lit up in recognition.

"That guy from the bar?"

" Yes-"

"You met him in the bar?" Edward's sharp voice entered the conversation. Lia took a look at his features and gulped in fear.

"No, he's our client."

"You're dating your client? It's against the protocols of any company!" Edward was jealous.

Lia fought back a smirk as she noticed how cute he looked, even in anger. His knuckles were cracking and arms were flexing. What a sight to see! Oh, she'll never get over the obsession of good arms. Her eyes were glued to the muscles of his arms, veins were poking out of his marble skin and she knew, that no blood was circulated through these veins. Edward never noticed Lia's overbold staring. But, he was too angered by her silliness. He was too angered by himself. After those years, when she had moved on, he was still stuck on the same point of his life, foolishly thinking that she'd come back.

"I don't give a fuck to the so called protocols, Edward. "

"Sure," Edward scoffed bitterly. "You don't give a 'fuck' to anything."